Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you reccommend instacert.com?
So far all of the CLEPs I've taken have had fairly high pass rates and I passed them without studying. I've made it to the point where I believe I should study before I go in, I was wondering what you recommend for studying. My preferred way to study is with repetitive multiple choice questions, please take this into consideration.

Thank you,

V/r NerdyMcNerdFace.
DSSTs
- Principles of Supervision 440 ,Introduction to Business 420, Introduction to Computers 435, Principles of Public Speaking 415, Management information systems 418, A history of the Vietnam war 410, A history of the soviet union 414, Introduction to Law enforcement 405, criminal justice 409.
CLEPs
- Information Systems 55, Principles of Microeconomics 54, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 53, College Mathematics 51, principles of management 51, college composition modular 55, Natural Science 53.
AP
- World History 3
I like the InstantCert flash cards a lot. However, if you're new to the subject you will probably need something additional.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Instacert is a great value with the amount of prep provided. The DSST & CLEP exams you have taken are for the most part classic 'I did not study' pass courses. Especially the following:

Intro to Business, Supervision, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking & Interpreting Literature.

Excellent job on locking down the Micro & information Systems without studying. Those for many would not fall into the 'easy' category. In addition to Instacert, take some time to read through the great resources at Free Clep Prep (Cleps Exams & DSST Exams). Close to impossible with Degreeforum, Instacert & the information provided at Free Clep Prep to not finish with a passing grade on these exams.

Good luck!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I was in the same boat as you. I had taken 15 of them cold just because they were free, then I failed a couple. I figured I knocked out the easy ones and should probably start studying. I saw IC was recommended by Free Clep Prep so I gave it a shot. I thought to myself, I'm getting these tests for free I can afford IC. I hardly used the flashcards, maybe on 2 or 3 tests. The real value for me was in the specific exam feedback section. There's tons of advice on what to target when studying and it made all the difference come test time. I would take note of everything mentioned in SEF and make a study guide out of it if there wasn't a study guide already posted. I passed most of my exams this way. As for multiple choice, you should be able to access Peterson's tests. Sometimes when you do a search for a CLEP or DSST on Quizlet.com you'll find multiple choice quizzes that people already made up.
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
It is ok. The value is good. They don't have all the tests, make sure they have what you need before you sign up. Some material is outdated and there are flashcards for discontinued tests. Access to the discussion boards makes at least one month worth it. There are some coupon codes floating around, definitely check those out.