Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow... Pearson's MyPsychKit is kinda... Junk...
Has anyone else had to use MyPsychKit resources for classes? I'm fumbling through it for my Bpsych course... The activities are cheesy and poorly written...heck, the activity that I was supposed to do last week didn't even work! This week I have an activity where they had us download 6 shockwave files.. Each of the 6 activities came packaged with the shockwave software installer (which was larger than the file for activity) for some reason. And each 'activity' had 6 steps, and done. It took longer to download the crap than it did to go through the activity.

What a waste of time and money. I feel sorry for the people in my class that bought their books used and had then had to turn around and pay for this junk. (It comes free with the new version of the book at least.)

I had hopes that this stuff could contribute to the class, and at least make it a little more entertaining, but now it just makes me dread every time we have an activity due for it.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Make sure you let the instructor know so they can let the rep know and consider changing books. I would also recommend that you make sure you have to any companion website, should be listed in the front of the book or companion to look for any errata or updates. They may know of the issue of the non-working lab and have a fix on the companion website. Reviewing this can greatly reduce your frustration as you work through and find problems that may already have fixes. Sometimes you will also find that you can work the labs directly from the website without having to download anything as an option for those that have incompatible equipment. This may lessen your time waiting for downloads. Just some things to try and help. Hopefully, something works. Good luck!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
marianne202 Wrote:I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Make sure you let the instructor know so they can let the rep know and consider changing books. I would also recommend that you make sure you have to any companion website, should be listed in the front of the book or companion to look for any errata or updates. They may know of the issue of the non-working lab and have a fix on the companion website. Reviewing this can greatly reduce your frustration as you work through and find problems that may already have fixes. Sometimes you will also find that you can work the labs directly from the website without having to download anything as an option for those that have incompatible equipment. This may lessen your time waiting for downloads. Just some things to try and help. Hopefully, something works. Good luck!

My DL times were negligible, that was the sad part... And believe me, we've let the teacher know since the first week how horrible this thing is. Her response was basically, 'Whatever, call their tech support'. Well, when the activity is a link to a webpage that just plain doesn't work.. Tech Support ain't gonna do squat about that...

The 'companion site' is the activity site.. Just the MyPsychKit site (which is where all of this craptacular junk is coming from as it is)..

Shrug... Straight up, its just poorly done and really disappointing. And it makes a rather unenjoyable class even less enjoyable.. Tongue
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition: Excelsior Needs to Drop Its Partnership with Pearson sanantone 5 618 08-23-2014, 01:27 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Welp, this kinda sucks :/ killerkitty 14 1,745 05-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Figuring all this stuff out ... Kinda!?! Best options for Computer Science? HELP! smartaleck 7 776 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  ECE - Pearson Vue burbuja0512 12 1,627 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: bella2011
  Uexcel/Pearson Vue now in Ace National Guide peace123 3 866 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Last Post: P00057870
  Time for ECE to post from Pearson rlane8223 4 893 04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Last Post: marianne202