Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writer's Block re: Research Paper for COSC's Cornerstone
soliloquy Wrote:Saharapost. I like the 2nd one.

I was also recently reading about a Hawaii law that exempts police officers from prosecution if they need to have sex with a prostitute in the line of duty. That kind of blew me away.

I didn't know about this until now. Wao, this is a case of law enforcement officers exploiting sex workers. Is it that they are unable to make an arrest without going undercover? Without exploiting the sex workers, they could still make an arrest, I guess.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
soliloquy Wrote:Saharapost. I like the 2nd one.

I was also recently reading about a Hawaii law that exempts police officers from prosecution if they need to have sex with a prostitute in the line of duty. That kind of blew me away.

I read that same article. I found it to be very disturbing. I really liked the part where one of the people interviewed said something along the lines of "The rest of the country doesn't do it that way. Why does Hawaii have to?"
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
Saharapost Wrote:I didn't know about this until now. Wao, this is a case of law enforcement officers exploiting sex workers. Is it that they are unable to make an arrest without going undercover? Without exploiting the sex workers, they could still make an arrest, I guess.

Other police departments do just fine arresting after the exchange of money is made. If this is true that Hawaii is doing this, then this would be like an undercover officer buying and smoking crack before he/she arrests the dealer.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Other police departments do just fine arresting after the exchange of money is made. If this is true that Hawaii is doing this, then this would be like an undercover officer buying and smoking crack before he/she arrests the dealer.

Hawaii Law Lets Police Have Sex With Prostitutes - ABC News
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
soliloquy Wrote:Hawaii Law Lets Police Have Sex With Prostitutes - ABC News

That's disturbing.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
soliloquy Wrote:Hawaii Law Lets Police Have Sex With Prostitutes - ABC News

Why would the police officers even want to sleep with the prostitutes? Can't men in uniform easily get laid for free? You can always use a condom, but it's still possible to catch herpes while using one. Prostitutes also often have drug addictions which can affect their looks. If I found out my husband was coming home to be with me after sleeping with prostitutes, I would kick his behind all up and down the street.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:Why would the police officers even want to sleep with the prostitutes? Can't men in uniform easily get laid for free? You can always use a condom, but it's still possible to catch herpes while using one. Prostitutes also often have drug addictions which can affect their looks. If I found out my husband was coming home to be with me after sleeping with prostitutes, I would kick his behind all up and down the street.

I forgot. They would either be using taxpayer or confiscated money for these sting operations. Not to mention that this allows cops to take advantage of some of the most vulnerable members of society. Would they go to this extreme to catch johns?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Try doing some literature searches after you have your topic/s considered. It's really easy to write on a topic that your are 1. Interesting in 2. Has loads of literature articles to site 3. Is something that touches on things you just learned in the class itself. To me the hardest part of paper writing is finding the right articles to back up or at least illuminate the understanding of the subject. If you can capture the attention of your reader/teacher with something that matters to society, your major and you…and you can provide deeper understanding or interesting facts and such, you should be fine Smile

I would use the search tools in the literature database that pertains to your major. Ebsco Host, CINAHL is my favorite because I am a nursing major and all the articles are about science and medicine. CINAHL with Full Text | Full-Text Nursing Journals | EBSCO

Hope this helps! Of course drawing up an outline to organize your thought and presentation always helps too!

Best of Luck!
Tara

soliloquy Wrote:Okay, I finally thought of something.

I'm going to do a research paper on human sex trafficking in the United States.

Now I just have to narrow down that topic. :/

We are at the point where other students are giving feedback but so far there's not a ton of exchange of ideas. Mostly "good idea" or "great topic" but not real input on how to narrow the scope.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Sanantone! You are the funniest I have ever known you to be this week! I find myself reading through the posts and right about when I see your name I have to put my tea down because I am afraid I am going to spill if from laughing so much at your posts! Keep it coming! I had such a lousy day today and your posts were just the "medicine" I needed Smile -Tara

sanantone Wrote:Why would the police officers even want to sleep with the prostitutes? Can't men in uniform easily get laid for free? You can always use a condom, but it's still possible to catch herpes while using one. Prostitutes also often have drug addictions which can affect their looks. If I found out my husband was coming home to be with me after sleeping with prostitutes, I would kick his behind all up and down the street.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Cornerstone waiver Dowew 23 4,605 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,671 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,302 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU Cornerstone stuck in my "cart" MNomadic 8 1,925 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 2,966 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,376 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,706 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,792 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium