Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XAMK Tourism Diploma
New classes for the diploma: Hospitality Management, Social Media Marketing

Hospitality Management is a pass/fail course. It has a lot of interesting links to read. This one has quite a bit to teach in a (relatively) short amount of time. Grade is based solely on quiz/exam results. You must get about 80% in each quiz/exam to pass. The questions aren't that difficult, but you do need to read the material thoroughly.

Social Media Marketing is a graded course. There is much less material to read, so I don't feel like I'm learning quite as much. I'm not really sure what the point of this class is at the moment. But, it's required for the Tourism Diploma. So, I continue. There are discussion posts and quizzes that need to be completed each week. It's pretty easy to get at least a passing grade, getting a good grade is tougher.

Although not part of the diploma, I'm also taking Fundamentals of Strategic Management. It's supposed to be the undergrad course, but a lot of the resources are from MBA courses. There is a lot more reading that needs to be done in this course compared to most other XAMK courses. You need to write a 5-6 page paper on a full industry analysis of one of two companies. Feeling a tiny bit lost in this regard because it feels like I'm supposed to know how to write an industry analysis from a previous course. Hopefully, things will become clearer as I actually move through the course content. There are also 3 exams. It's possible to do well on the exams and get an "okay" grade even without the paper. I'm definitely going to try to write the paper, though.

I'm waiting for Chinese Business Culture to be available (tomorrow, hopefully). That one is supposed to be a Master-level course. I'm interested to see how it differs from the undergrad courses in content and work expectations.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hospitality Management & Social Media Marketing finished last week or so. New classes: Seasonality & Tourism Planning and International Human Resources.

International Human Resources opens tomorrow, so I can't see what it's actually like yet. But I am able to start on Seasonality & Tourism Planning. This is not a pass/fail course, it's a graded course. Compared to previous Tourism Diploma courses, I can tell that this one is going to be difficult. There is one big exam and 3 projects/reports. These do not look like they will be easy. If I can get a 1 in this class, I think I'll be happy. Any better than that will be amazing.

We'll see tomorrow if International Human Resources is like this course or if it is more like previous courses.

Watching the introductory video, the instructor just said that this is the last time that the Seasonality & Tourism Planning course will be offered because they have a new curriculum now. I don't know how many other things this might effect, but if you're interested in any XAMK courses that you see being offered, you might want to sign up ASAP in case they're removed in January.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 687 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  XAMK ROYISAGIRL 126 19,604 01-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 482 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 606 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,589 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 673 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,639 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,160 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Diploma Appearances ThatBankDude 5 1,273 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Fake nursing diploma Imbanewbie 10 1,156 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore