Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XAMK
(11-17-2020, 02:14 PM)unfilteredsoul Wrote:
ROYISAGIRL Wrote:I already finished the diploma.

Congratulations! How does a diploma look like?
I haven't received it yet. I only finished afew days ago.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • nomaduser
so the transcript will come with 'H' grades? what does that mean? I'm curious how they will transfer to US universities.
I have no idea what XAMK is, but obviously it's European. I think you'd have to have an Academic Eval by WES or ECE or whoever, and they would convert any "weird" non-US grades into the US System. Just a guess on this though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
XAMK is a Finnish university. They have a couple of free certificates/diplomas that grant ECTS. For those who haven't seen it previously, there's one on video game creation for up to 25 ECTS: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...-creation/ One in rehabilitation: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...ii-and-iv/ and a 60 ECTS diploma in tourism and business management: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...n-finland/ There are also a number of 5 ECTS courses available off and on: https://www.xamk.fi/en/openstudies/?fwp_...studies-en

Assuming WES evaluates XAMK favorably and the Big 3 accepts them, they could possibly be a good source of almost-free credits for some students. At approximately 2 ECTS = 1 semester hour credit, one would only need to transfer in 12 ECTS or more to make them (with the WES $205 course-by-course evaluation fee) on par or better than paying for SDC courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-17-2020, 05:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote: XAMK is a Finnish university. They have a couple of free certificates/diplomas that grant ECTS. For those who haven't seen it previously, there's one on video game creation for up to 25 ECTS: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...-creation/ One in rehabilitation: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...ii-and-iv/ and a 60 ECTS diploma in tourism and business management: https://www.xamk.fi/en/open-amk-courses/...n-finland/ There are also a number of 5 ECTS courses available off and on: https://www.xamk.fi/en/openstudies/?fwp_...studies-en

Assuming WES evaluates XAMK favorably and the Big 3 accepts them, they could possibly be a good source of almost-free credits for some students. At approximately 2 ECTS = 1 semester hour credit, one would only need to transfer in 12 ECTS or more to make them (with the WES $205 course-by-course evaluation fee) on par or better than paying for SDC courses.

Ah.

Well, it will not just depend on if they will come in, but WHERE they will come in that will be the kicker.  If they're free electives, then they're less usable than you'd probably like, and there are many options for free electives that are cheaper than Study.com.

Please keep us posted on what happens with these.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-17-2020, 04:52 PM)nomaduser Wrote: so the transcript will come with 'H' grades? what does that mean? I'm curious how they will transfer to US universities.
The 'H' is their equivalent to a 'P'. I'll keep this post updated as things progress. I'm curious also and will see this through to the end.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • nomaduser, rachel83az
Did you ever get this evaluated by WES?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
No still waiting on figuring out the transcripts. They said probably January timeframe.

That's a shame. I was hoping to hear some news by now! With TESU's new policies, this could be a relatively inexpensive way to get some RA-equivalent credits for various degrees.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-17-2020, 11:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's a shame. I was hoping to hear some news by now! With TESU's new policies, this could be a relatively inexpensive way to get some RA-equivalent credits for various degrees.
I'll probably end up asking for an update in a day or so. I've been thinking about it especially since the TESU change.

I bit the bullet and sent the email asking if there was an update. They usually take about a day or two so between tomorrow and Monday I may have an answer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 655 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,489 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,113 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,264 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  can't log in to XAMK Learn wow 3 811 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Details on XAMK Courses? bdarei 7 1,252 04-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,016 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 4,705 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser