Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Yet Another) TESU BSBA General Management Degree Plan (HELP!!!!)
Hi Folks! Yep, it's my turn to ask for TESU BSBA Gen Man. help :roflol:

You have no idea how much I appreciate all of you and this forum cheersmate

I'm currently finishing up my Associates in Business at Excelsior College and will be transferring to TESU for my Bachelors.

Here's where things get tricky, and where I am requesting your help:

1. I have viewed numerous degree plans, all of which are GREAT! Thank you! However, I seem to be confused on specifically which Junior and Senior Upper Level classes TESU needs/will take because I don't understand Area of Study and Business Core and how they relate to each other.

For example, I know that one combo I can use is to take SL Business Communications and Saylor Corporate Communications. They appear to satisfy the above requirements. But I don't know which UL classes I can take to satisfy which area (yes, I know I can look at the degree plans, but I was hoping to perhaps tailor the plans to myself, for example, I LOVE StraighterLine, and would love to use as many SL courses for Upper Level Credit as possible, primarily, and then perhaps Study.com for other Upper Levels)

I hope I was clear in my intent. Essentially, I want to use as many SL Upper Level Courses as Possible, then Study.com, then other challenge Exams.

If I can be more clear, PLEASE let me know!!! My current credits are in my sig. Thank you!!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
For Core, you have to take those specific courses, and UL or LL doesn't matter. SL or Study.com has them all covered, except the capstone that you have to take via TECEP.

For the AOS, you have to take 4 UL and 2 LL/UL courses. At least 3 of the 4 areas must be covered (MAR, MAN, ACC, FIN). Between SL & Study.com, you can cover ACC, MAR, & MAN. Also, unless a course is obviously MAR, ACC or FIN, then you can consider it MAN. That means that HRM, OPM (Ops Management), CIS/MIS - all are MAN.

So I would make sure to choose one of the accounting courses (either SL's Financial Accounting ACC-201 or Managerial Accounting ACC-303; or Study.com's Applied Managerial Accounting ACC-301 or Advanced Accounting ACC-401), and then the Study.com Digital Marketing course (take it right after Principles of Marketing in the core). That leaves 3 additional courses.

I would then take Study.com's Human Resource Management (MAN-331) and Strategic HRM (HRM-362) because it sounds like there will be a lot of overlap there, making it easier to take them (kill 2 birds with 1 stone).

I would then either take another accounting course, Org Behavior (overlap with other management/HRM courses), or Saylor's Corporate Comm course (overlap from the SL course).

Make sure you take an even number of Study.com courses, because you're paying for 2 a month.

Also, once you applying to TESU and send in your transcripts, you can see what they give as the equivalency for your Computer Skills course. That's the one I'm not sure of, but if it will fulfill the core, that's great. If it doesn't overlap the Computers course from DSST/CLEP/Study.com, you can take one of those for your science.

I made a spreadsheet for you (updated one I had previously made) and made a list of courses you can take for the AOS - it's a little funky because I didn't want to count credits or costs more than they should be, so some courses will have blanks or x's there, it's just so there's not more than 6 courses worth of credits/costs in there.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">toastmaster TESC 2017 BSBA GenMan cheap.xlsx (Size: 74.74 KB / Downloads: 14)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! That's all EXACTLY what I want to do!!! Thank you!!!

I just have one more question. I was thinking about doing all 6cr worth of TEEX and doing the additional Free NFA courses. Do you think they would fit into the Gen Ed requirement section? Or should I not bother?

Also, what constitutes "General Education"? So that when I plug in a course, i know it will fit :-) THANK YOU so much for your help!!!!

Edit: So essentially 5 courses from this list? http://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/20...After2.cfm

Edit: Do any of the History Courses over at SHMOOP (Sp?) fill any of the Gen Ed Requirements?
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Toastmaster Wrote:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! That's all EXACTLY what I want to do!!! Thank you!!!

I just have one more question. I was thinking about doing all 6cr worth of TEEX and doing the additional Free NFA courses. Do you think they would fit into the Gen Ed requirement section? Or should I not bother?

Also, what constitutes "General Education"? So that when I plug in a course, i know it will fit :-) THANK YOU so much for your help!!!!

Edit: So essentially 5 courses from this list? Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After

Edit: Do any of the History Courses over at SHMOOP (Sp?) fill any of the Gen Ed Requirements?

I updated the spreadsheet to include the Shmoop courses (US History I & II, Modern European History, and Finite Math). I figured that you'd be taking Stats anyway, so you may as well take Finite Math first (it should be the course just before Stats) - I took it at CC, and TESU brought it in as MAT-110. If you want to take Geometry as well, you can do that one too. But I would wait until you passed College Algebra before taking it.

TEEX's Cybersecurity for Business Professionals counts as CIS-244, and a Computer Science course, so you can use it in Understanding the Physical & Natural World. The other 2 count as Free Electives, so don't bother (you have enough credits without them).

One of the NFA courses is a duplicate of Human Resources Mgmt, so don't bother with it. The other 2 are free electives, and you don't need them.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">toastmaster TESC 2017 BSBA GenMan cheap.xlsx (Size: 34.13 KB / Downloads: 1)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Alright, awesome!!! THANK YOU again!!!!

And Shmoop just switched to the new pricing they said they would be doing - so now it's $87.68/mo. Still unlimited courses from their list of ACE-recommended courses (13 of them), and the price is still great - even if you only completed 1 courses in a month. Once you start doing more than 1 a month, it's a steal!
Yeah, I was kinda "sad" about missing the deal at first (9 History credits for $25 bucks???!!!) BUT, once I thought about it (and read your comments and other those of others), I realize that I agree, it's STILL a great price!!! Roughly $29 per class???? That's AMAZING!! Still worth it!!! Greatly!

dfrecore Wrote:And Shmoop just switched to the new pricing they said they would be doing - so now it's $87.68/mo. Still unlimited courses from their list of ACE-recommended courses (13 of them), and the price is still great - even if you only completed 1 courses in a month. Once you start doing more than 1 a month, it's a steal!

Toastmaster Wrote:Yeah, I was kinda "sad" about missing the deal at first (9 History credits for $25 bucks???!!!) BUT, once I thought about it (and read your comments and other those of others), I realize that I agree, it's STILL a great price!!! Roughly $29 per class???? That's AMAZING!! Still worth it!!! Greatly!

And that doesn't count the math courses that you can take as well! If you knocked out Geometry and/or Finite Math, you're getting an even better price!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,289 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic