Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You won't need a license to become a plumber in Texas!

(06-01-2019, 07:00 PM)sanantone Wrote: You might support small businesses (businesses that make a few million a year are still considered small), but it appears that you don't support people doing solo work. However, even solo plumbers in California have to go through a background check because plumbing services are expensive, and I doubt many plumbers are refusing to do work that is over $500.

Geez, I didn't know that I had to run all of my stuff past you for approval.

Both of the companies I discussed are small family businesses.  But, I don't know how much they make, and I'm not really going to ask.  But you feel free to ask everyone you do business with, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.  My goodness.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-01-2019, 11:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-01-2019, 07:00 PM)sanantone Wrote: You might support small businesses (businesses that make a few million a year are still considered small), but it appears that you don't support people doing solo work. However, even solo plumbers in California have to go through a background check because plumbing services are expensive, and I doubt many plumbers are refusing to do work that is over $500.

Geez, I didn't know that I had to run all of my stuff past you for approval.

Both of the companies I discussed are small family businesses.  But, I don't know how much they make, and I'm not really going to ask.  But you feel free to ask everyone you do business with, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.  My goodness.

This is a weird response that addresses something that wasn't said and ignores the point being made (probably because there's no real rebuttal). If your plumber is licensed, then he or she went through a background check. There are independent plumbers who don't work for companies, and their livelihood is being threatened because some people want background checks and verification of training. Some people will not know how to or can't check credentials, and this also threatens the livelihood of previously licensed plumbers because they have to compete with handymen. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

I don't care who you hire. I'm just informing you that there are many great plumbers who don't work for companies, and they shouldn't have to. Besides, any company can lie about performing background checks on its employees.

Another important consideration is that one's decisions in this area does not only affect oneself. One of the reasons why states started licensing plumbers was because of sanitation issues. Work on your home doesn't only affect your home. Additionally, gas line explosions can destroy neighbors' properties and even kill or injure neighbors.

Governor Abbott today said that he has a plan to extend the plumbing board two years without a special session. Thank goodness he understands the potential public health and fire issues that could result from having a bunch of untrained people working on pipes.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/Gov...15101.html
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bus formation outside NRA Children's Museum in Texas bjcheung77 2 552 07-16-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Commercial Pilot's License RoyalSpade 3 1,405 01-14-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: n2201
  Commercial Pilot's License RoyalSpade 5 986 12-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Texas State University Now Ranked in Criminology sanantone 0 958 06-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Texas A&M sub-$10K Cyber Security Bac degree! dcan 4 1,040 03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  CCU Issues in Texas?? sky_light 18 4,985 06-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  Real Estate License Exam sgloer 3 2,081 06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Last Post: cbrchris