Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YourPace Growth
(10-26-2022, 12:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Wow! YourPace is really growing. When I started UMPI in Fall 2020, there were around 50 students at that time. I see why they are having some growing pains. At one point, the cap for YourPace was to be 400 students. They're awfully close and came up to this number much faster than they had anticipated. If you're struggling to reach Jessica, this is why. Looks like she's still the only academic advisor. How she can keep track of 375 students, I'll never know. 

UMPI’s YourPace program continues to demonstrate strong growth in undergraduate offerings, with 375 students enrolled for the first 8-week fall semester session, and 291 enrolled already for the second fall session, putting both at more than a 50% increase over last year. 

https://www.umpi.edu/articles/umpi-sees-...nrollment/
Great school; great program.  Jessica has been very quick to respond, including recently on a couple issues. Cody's also great both as an advisor and as a professor.
(10-31-2022, 10:28 PM)Mr T Wrote: Great school; great program.  Jessica has been very quick to respond, including recently on a couple issues. Cody's also great both as an advisor and as a professor.

What class did you have Cody as a professor for?
(11-01-2022, 11:55 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:28 PM)Mr T Wrote: Great school; great program.  Jessica has been very quick to respond, including recently on a couple issues. Cody's also great both as an advisor and as a professor.

two of them so far, last term was Managerial Accounting, this term is Financial Management. Managerial Accounting was a tough one for me; Cody provided some guidance.  My hurdle now in Financial Management is the darn Net Present Value concept; just not getting it;  so it's time to focus in and do a bunch of the questions and get familiar with the equation and inputs/outputs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr T's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-01-2022, 07:25 PM)Mr T Wrote: two of them so far, last term was Managerial Accounting, this term is Financial Management. Managerial Accounting was a tough one for me; Cody provided some guidance.  My hurdle now in Financial Management is the darn Net Present Value concept; just not getting it;  so it's time to focus in and do a bunch of the questions and get familiar with the equation and inputs/outputs.

Interesting! I didn't take any accounting courses at UMPI. He was not the professor for Financial Management when I took it. Now I have to look and see who it was. LOL  I had Professor Emery. That Financial Management class was one of the toughest and longest. Take your time on the exams. I think you have 3 hours to complete it.
(11-01-2022, 07:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 07:25 PM)Mr T Wrote: two of them so far, last term was Managerial Accounting, this term is Financial Management. Managerial Accounting was a tough one for me; Cody provided some guidance.  My hurdle now in Financial Management is the darn Net Present Value concept; just not getting it;  so it's time to focus in and do a bunch of the questions and get familiar with the equation and inputs/outputs.

Interesting! I didn't take any accounting courses at UMPI. He was not the professor for Financial Management when I took it. Now I have to look and see who it was. LOL  I had Professor Emery. That Financial Management class was one of the toughest and longest. Take your time on the exams. I think you have 3 hours to complete it.
thank you - i will need every minute of it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr T's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-01-2022, 08:54 PM)Mr T Wrote:

thank you - i will need every minute of it!

Agree on Financial Management. I was always surprised, even with the exams I found not that difficult, how I still used the lion's share of the minutes for each exam. Rarely did I finish with a ton of time. Even though you get two attempts, I was eager to score high on the first attempt to keep the process moving, and that made me take a little extra time with each question. And that also caused me to feel rushed toward the end. It was a fun game of self-inflicted stress.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • Mr T, Pikachu
(11-01-2022, 07:25 PM)Mr T Wrote: two of them so far, last term was Managerial Accounting, this term is Financial Management. Managerial Accounting was a tough one for me; Cody provided some guidance.  My hurdle now in Financial Management is the darn Net Present Value concept; just not getting it;  so it's time to focus in and do a bunch of the questions and get familiar with the equation and inputs/outputs. wordle

Thank you but i really need time to understand it.
(11-01-2022, 07:25 PM)Mr T Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 11:55 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

two of them so far, last term was Managerial Accounting, this term is Financial Management. Managerial Accounting was a tough one for me; Cody provided some guidance.  My hurdle now in Financial Management is the darn Net Present Value concept; just not getting it;  so it's time to focus in and do a bunch of the questions and get familiar with the equation and inputs/outputs.

PV, NPV, IRR are actually very intuitive concepts. $100 you have in 2032 is worth less than $100 in 2022 because you are missing out on the potential gain from that 10-year period. Download the BA II Plus calculator app (saving $28 to buy the physical one), play with it, every question is just figuring out 4 of the 5 variables and let the app or your computer do the calculation
[-] The following 1 user Likes fmsoa's post:
  • loops77
I'm really happy with how YourPace is growing still. But, as of late, they're showing a lot of signs of growth issues and are definately not hiring fast enough to handle it. It really seems like Jessica is overworked, with a lot to balance. I feel like they need someone to handle transfer/audits/enrollments so Jessica can focus on being an actual director and student outcomes.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • origamishuttle, ss20ts
Yeah, after that incident where a few prospective students fell through the cracks, I think UMPI need to bump up their resources for all members and remove the enrollment counselors for inhouse academic advisors instead. It's good, but should be better...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 23 4 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 87 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 10 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 728 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,574 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 309 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 375 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 335 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 971 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 552 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger