Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral
Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Tesu BSBA General management degree.

Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computer/CIS
Introduction to Marketing
Principal of Finance
Business in Society or International Management

I am between saylor and Study.com, leaning towards study.com to attain these credits. I haven't used any of them in the past and just wanted to make sure study.com is the best choice for these classes. Also, the incentives to take tesu credit seem to have diminished. it seems there are refferal codes for a study.com discount. if anyone has a referral code they could send me it would help me out a lot.

and in the "Area of Study:General Management", I have 3 left (I took the three that Straighterline offers) I was considering Davar which seems to be what people recommend. let me know if I'm on the right track here.  thanks again
(12-31-2019, 08:03 PM)Forgiven Wrote: Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Principal of Finance

I am between saylor and Study.com, leaning towards study.com to attain these credits. I haven't used any of them in the past and just wanted to make sure study.com is the best choice for these classes. Also, the incentives to take tesu credit seem to have diminished. it seems there are refferal codes for a study.com discount. if anyone has a referral code they could send me it would help me out a lot.

and in the "Area of Study:General Management", I have 3 left (I took the three that Straighterline offers) I was considering Davar which seems to be what people recommend. let me know if I'm on the right track here.  thanks again

I took principals of finance, intro to marketing and intro to computers all on study.com. I finished all three of them in less than a week. I don't want to say they are easy classes because I think difficulty is subjective but I would say for me personally these classes were a 2 or 3 out of 10.
(12-31-2019, 08:03 PM)Forgiven Wrote: Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Principal of Finance

Here is a 20% off code: REFER20

If you private message me your email address, I can send you a referral link. You get $20 off.  With these two discounts, your membership cost, will drop to $139

I completed these classes last month at study.com and I really enjoyed their method of teaching. Not too difficult either.
Introduction to Marketing----------at SDC-------------------Business 102: Principles of Marketing

Principal of Finance-----------------at SDC --------------Finance 101: Principles of Finance

Business in Society or International Management------------at SDC-- Business 308: Globalization & International Management

Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications--------------at SDC --- CIS-103 Intro to Computer Info Systems

Good luck

Do intro to computers last. If you run out of time, you can take it for $25 at Saylor.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Saylor doesn't have International Business, so you couldn't take it there if you wanted.

I would say that if you have to take that at Study.com, then you should at least take 1 more course there (since you're paying for it anyway).

There are also other options; CLEP for some, Davar or others.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-31-2019, 08:58 PM)zebra cow Wrote:

Principal of Finance

I took principals of finance, intro to marketing and intro to computers all on study.com. I finished all three of them in less than a week. I don't want to say they are easy classes because I think difficulty is subjective but I would say for me personally these classes were a 2 or 3 out of 10.
Check you private messages, I sent you a referral code to the email you provided.
The study.com discount is still worth it, you should definitely use them for at least two courses.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,482 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,735 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue