Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advise on Humanities Credit
I need 3 credits for Humanitites and I am studying for Western Civ II
Any suggestions?
I also need just one credit to complete my degree and I am considering the clep for Sociology. Anyone taken this one and have comments?
tmcmahan Wrote:I need 3 credits for Humanitites and I am studying for Western Civ II
Any suggestions?
I also need just one credit to complete my degree and I am considering the clep for Sociology. Anyone taken this one and have comments?

tmcmahan,
I can only give you feedback on CLEP Sociology since I haven't taken Civ, but I would highly recommend Soc for everyone. It's farily straight-forward and you really only need IC to study for it (IC only has about 150 items so that's nice).
Should be a low-anxiety way to get that last credit! Good luck!! Smile
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Ok this test is EASY. And I MEAN EASY. It is the perfect CLEP test to get your feet wet with. A couple hours of study time and you'll fly right through it. IC is all you need to study with. BEST OF LUCK!

cold
tmcmahan Wrote:I need 3 credits for Humanitites and I am studying for Western Civ II
Any suggestions?

I would also be interested in anyone's advice for Western Civ II. That is what I'm studying for now and am scheduled to take it 5/24.
I can't offer advice on Western Civ II..but I just took the Sociology CLEP yesterday. I went through the flash cards once, took a few pages of notes, studied the notes for about an hour or so...then did the flash cards on random and got about a 71%. Then I took the CLEP practice test and got about the same score. I went right down and took the real CLEP and got a 70!!! It was really easy!!!
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hi, I'm Robert
58.33 Traditional classroom credits
6 CLEP credits so far...Scores:
Info Sys & Comp. Applications-63
Intro to Sociology-70
Going for either BA in History or BS in General Business (or both) from Excelsior[/COLOR]
Any suggestions?

[SIZE="2"]Didn't take WC-II exam but the Sociology exam is a piece of cake!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Agreed, this one is easy, all you need is IC to pass. I got a 70.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,482 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,922 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 229 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 722 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 692 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 475 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 511 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 330 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 332 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 636 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain