Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amityonline
Has any one a experience with this University, amityonline.com they claim that they are accredited in the USA. 
The whole bachelor degree program cost 4K and I want to know if you can take several courses there and transfer them to any US RA college/university.

"A degree from Amity University Online is not just recognized at a national level, but we also have accreditations by WASC -USA AND QAA-UK. Our Degree is recognized and globally accepted and you will not face any problems in case you wish to study abroad/migrate."

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
I think this is the one where it's impossible to sit for their exams because, despite what their homepage seems to say, they expect you to go to a net cafe located in India? But I could be mistaken or they could have updated their policies in the past year or so.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-16-2021, 02:05 PM)gams007 Wrote: Has any one a experience with this University, amityonline.com they claim that they are accredited in the USA. 
The whole bachelor degree program cost 4K and I want to know if you can take several courses there and transfer them to any US RA college/university.

"A degree from Amity University Online is not just recognized at a national level, but we also have accreditations by WASC -USA AND QAA-UK. Our Degree is recognized and globally accepted and you will not face any problems in case you wish to study abroad/migrate."

That sounds like a plan.
If they're indeed accredited, their credits may transfer to US institutions??
Then it could become a very cheap source of RA credits.
I tried to complete their free undergrad degree a few years ago. I started working through the modules until I realized that the progress bar was simply a clock that counted up from the time I started. It didn't matter if I did anything, so I just waited until all the progress bars were finished counting and then tried to sign up for exams or something and there was no way to do it. So this is not likely to be user-friendly, but the regional accreditation does check out.
(03-16-2021, 02:08 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 02:05 PM)gams007 Wrote: Has any one a experience with this University, amityonline.com they claim that they are accredited in the USA. 

That sounds like a plan.
If they're indeed accredited, their credits may transfer to US institutions??
Then it could become a very cheap source of RA credits.
Well comparing them with the University of the People that cost the same amount for the 4 year bachelor degree and you can not transfer those credits this one could at least help you get cheap RA transferable credits.

In progress:
Completed:
The school is legit but... I would caution the utility of their transfers. They were offering a 3 year BA FREE since 2016 or 2017. If someone started then, they would have had their BA already by now. Having said that - Their freebie didn't materialize as the site is no longer working, they had a freebie going and then disbanded the idea I guess. Here's the old link in regards to that freebie, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...redited-BA
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-16-2021, 02:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The school is legit but... I would caution the utility of their transfers.  They were offering a 3 year BA FREE since 2016 or 2017.  If someone started then, they would have had their BA already by now.  Having said that - Their freebie didn't materialize as the site is no longer working, they had a freebie going and then disbanded the idea I guess.  Here's the old link in regards to that freebie, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...redited-BA

You are right I read this info here
https://www.wscuc.org/institutions/amity...ar-pradesh

They are recognized that mean you can use this credits in the USA.

In progress:
Completed:
They r accredited in USA and their programs are 3 years for around 4000$. Its not self paced. Its regular online instructor led format courses. As i understand they r well regarded as University. U will have to evaluate ur schoold diploma and other papers before application but u are better to email them for details
I got this offer today in my email from Amityonline saying you can start any course for 10.000 Rupees.
See attachment

Attached Files
.png   amityonline.png (Size: 117.44 KB / Downloads: 26)

In progress:
Completed:
Each of their Bachelors are 3 years and the Masters are two years long. Here's the link and their programs: https://amityonline.com/lp
If you're starting off and have 3 years or 2 years to spare, then they should be a very good option for those who are international students.
Basically, If you're in the US, I think for the price, you can get the same from TEL/ONU or even exams such as TECEPS/UEXCELS.
Pricing is 10000 rupees (~$133.50 USD) per non BBA/MBA course or 15000 rupees (~$200 USD) for each BBA/MBA courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]