Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any grad school programs I can start before BA is conferred?
I missed the TESU March grad deadline- by a hair.  So now my degree will be conferred in June. 

Are there ANY online grad school programs I can start with a letter stating that my BA work is complete, but without the degree being conferred?   

I will ultimately do a degree in counseling or social work (and likely cant start until fall now) but my interests are all over the map :Smile I would really love to be doing SOMETHING during the next 9 months.
If you find a school you are interested in, check to see what is need to be a non-matriculated student.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
I would usually suggest the local or in state 4-year colleges or universities as you'll be paying in-state tuition.
Check the schools around your area to see if they offer Masters in what you are looking for and admission requirements.

Some may have specific prerequisites that need to be completed before you can apply and enroll, get all that info.
If you can't find the info on their webpages after doing a bit of research, contact them or email them for extra details.

Furthermore, you may want to review a thread you started a couple of months ago and fish for info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=27870
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-01-2018, 05:50 PM)CM1999 Wrote: I missed the TESU March grad deadline- by a hair.  So now my degree will be conferred in June. 

Are there ANY online grad school programs I can start with a letter stating that my BA work is complete, but without the degree being conferred?   

I will ultimately do a degree in counseling or social work (and likely cant start until fall now) but my interests are all over the map :Smile I would really love to be doing SOMETHING during the next 9 months.

The only one I'm aware of that specifically allows you to start before BA conferral is Harvard University (Extension) - their catalog specifies that you need the BA in place before enrolling as a degree seeking student.
Most graduate schools don't let you just take classes....
But, if you're up for some EDU graduate level classes, there are tons of free ones through Learner.org and VESI - no degree required. Oh, and Sophia still has the free graduate (EDU) courses they run through Capella.
Finally, TESU does a blended BA/Master's option where you can take graduate courses at TESU that count toward your UL BA classes. That's a sticky program- lots of pros/cons, like cost, and especially if you think you'll transfer (which is hard at the grad level).
Pretty sure you answered this before Cookderosa but can you confirm how these graduate courses are free? I have only completed courses with VESI and would have enjoyed them being free. Thanks in advance.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Nations University will let you do the first 3 classes before you prove the degree. Possibly some of the 4th class. They are not an RA school though. They have theological/divinity degrees.

How did you miss the deadline "by a hair"? The final credits for March graduation don't have to be in until mid Feb. Did you not turn in your graduation application thinking you had to have all of them done before Jan 1? If so, I'd be on the phone tomorrow asking to be allowed to apply for graduation anyway.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-02-2018, 01:45 AM)davewill Wrote: How did you miss the deadline "by a hair"? The final credits for March graduation don't have to be in until mid Feb. Did you not turn in your graduation application thinking you had to have all of them done before Jan 1? If so, I'd be on the phone tomorrow asking to be allowed to apply for graduation anyway.

I did a DSST  on 12/14 and was notifed on 12/19 that I passed but the transcript is still not in at TESU 
AND
there was a glitch in my last straighterline course so it wont be 'complete' until today.   I can get the transcript in right away but I dont think they will let me graduate with today's date as the completed date. 

Maybe but...I doubt it...when I wrote to them a few weeks ago they said that ALL official transcripts needed to be turned in by Jan1 for the March grauation.  I did apply for graduation and pay the fee....so I guess we will see if they give me until February.
You should be ok - turning the transcripts in and actually having them evaluated are two different things. It is only January 2nd. I would argue that with the holiday it delayed turning them in, but all coursework is finished. It shouldn't stop you from graduating. They haven't even finished degree audits for March.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-02-2018, 10:27 AM)CM1999 Wrote: I did a DSST  on 12/14 and was notifed on 12/19 that I passed but the transcript is still not in at TESU 
AND
there was a glitch in my last straighterline course so it wont be 'complete' until today.   I can get the transcript in right away but I dont think they will let me graduate with today's date as the completed date. 

Maybe but...I doubt it...when I wrote to them a few weeks ago they said that ALL official transcripts needed to be turned in by Jan1 for the March grauation.  I did apply for graduation and pay the fee....so I guess we will see if they give me until February.
Whoever told you that is an idiot. As long as you applied for graduation, and get your transcripts in reasonably soon, you'll be fine for March. Not even TESU courses have to be done by Jan 1. Jan 1 is only the application deadline.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 873 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,839 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,239 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 4 355 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,337 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Open University Malaysia has PhD programs below 10k USD nyvrem 2 390 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: armado
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 520 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,271 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,244 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,265 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute