Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any grad school programs I can start before BA is conferred?
CM1999, you have to talk to TESU. When I applied I didn’t have all my transcripts ready for them until a couple of weeks after deadline for applying. You are fine, don’t worry.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-01-2018, 09:56 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Pretty sure you answered this before Cookderosa but can you confirm how these graduate courses are free? I have only completed courses with VESI and would have enjoyed them being free. Thanks in advance.

No they aren't and thank you for catching it- my mind was on "open enrollment" and my wires crossed with the free Sophia/PD Courses and I wrote free Learner.org/VESI. The Learner.org courses are free to take, and open enrollment (no degree required) but to get credit on a transcript costs money. It's not terrible, around $100ish or so per credit if memory serves....but we're wise to not trust my memory today lol!
Lol...Thanks J! I was hoping for the magic unicorn code but feared there was none Wink Can someone rack up courses (for free) and decide at a later date to pay the fee (for credit) if they come across a valuable source to use them? If there is no time restriction to pay for credit, this may be a unique way to horde graduate credits for the future opportunity if/when a special university allows for a high volume of EDU transfer credits.

Just thinking out loud...
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(01-02-2018, 02:32 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Lol...Thanks J! I was hoping for the magic unicorn code but feared there was none Wink Can someone rack up courses (for free) and decide at a later date to pay the fee (for credit) if they come across a valuable source to use them? If there is no time restriction to pay for credit, this may be a unique way to horde graduate credits for the future opportunity if/when a special university allows for a high volume of EDU transfer credits.

Just thinking out loud...

Yes maybe. The "class" through Learner is nothing more than watching the videos. I've done several with my kids (many more than once) but then doing a portfolio. It's totally indy study. They assume you have a classroom though, so you might have to get creative about that part.
Tagged for any more input. It would be so cool to do some self-paced courses for graduate credit, one course at a time.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

just in case anyone ever searches for this same thing....

I DID find a 'work around' wit Northcentral University. They will allow someone to take single courses before their bachelors degree is conferred so I'm going to take the first course of their Marriage and Family Therapy program while I wait for TESU to confer my BA. Once I have the conferred degree then I can officially apply to their MFT program and be accepted and the single course WILL transfer in. They are one of the few programs that will allow this. --many will let you take a single course but most of them say you'd have to take it again once you're accepted into the program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 885 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,848 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,334 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 4 358 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,347 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Open University Malaysia has PhD programs below 10k USD nyvrem 2 390 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: armado
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 522 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,282 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,244 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,280 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute