Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any tips on Dantes Ethics?
Thanks Sammy!

I sent an e-mail to my advisor at EC. I have a feeling they don't require it, but it doesn't hurt to hear it straight from the horse's mouth!
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:Thanks Sammy!

I sent an e-mail to my advisor at EC. I have a feeling they don't require it, but it doesn't hurt to hear it straight from the horse's mouth!
I got my response from the Excelsior advisor, and they don't require essay portion for any DSST exam. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:I got my response from the Excelsior advisor, and they don't require essay portion for any DSST exam. Big Grin

Anar,

Excelsior doesn't require you to do the essay on ANY of the DANTES or CLEPs for which an essay is an option.

-----
Edit....Okay I'm going crazy. I just repeated exactly what the Excelsior advisor already told you! Sorry!
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Anar,

Excelsior doesn't require you to do the essay on ANY of the DANTES or CLEPs for which an essay is an option.

-----
Edit....Okay I'm going crazy. I just repeated exactly what the Excelsior advisor already told you! Sorry!
That's OK Rob! I already knew this from reading about it on here before, and I believe I asked advisement about essays a while back as well. But you know what, it just doesn't hurt to make absolutely positively sure! I don't want to take an exam only to find out later I didn't take it correctly. That would suck! Cool
[SIZE="1"]Ana
anar579 Wrote:That's OK Rob! I already knew this from reading about it on here before, and I believe I asked advisement about essays a while back as well. But you know what, it just doesn't hurt to make absolutely positively sure! I don't want to take an exam only to find out later I didn't take it correctly. That would suck! Cool

Ana,

When I sat down to take the Ethics in America exam at the test center, I panicked a little bit. For some reason, I thought that the essay questions would not be included, since I had requested the version without essay.

When I opened the test booklet, there were several essay questions in the back of it.

It seems they send the essay version of the exam to everyone and, if you choose not to do the essay portion, you simply ignore the last section altogether.

At least I HOPE that is how it works. If not, I will fail the exam because I didn't write anything in the essay space! LOL

Anyway, I just thought I would mention that, so your heart doesn't skip a beat, like mine did, when you see the exam questions printed at the back of the test booklet.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Ana,

When I sat down to take the Ethics in America exam at the test center, I panicked a little bit. For some reason, I thought that the essay questions would not be included, since I had requested the version without essay.

When I opened the test booklet, there were several essay questions in the back of it.

It seems they send the essay version of the exam to everyone and, if you choose not to do the essay portion, you simply ignore the last section altogether.

At least I HOPE that is how it works. If not, I will fail the exam because I didn't write anything in the essay space! LOL

Anyway, I just thought I would mention that, so your heart doesn't skip a beat, like mine did, when you see the exam questions printed at the back of the test booklet.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
Thanks for the warning! I would've probably called Excelsior advisement to ask right then and there! I have the number saved on my cell phone. Smile
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Just a quick update,

I got my score for Ethics in America today....72!

I can now say with certainty that Instantcert is sufficient for this exam.

I did also read the Ethics section of the DSST Official Guide, but as I mentioned before, I didn't feel prepared until I studied the Instantcert material.

Hope this helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Just a quick update,

I got my score for Ethics in America today....72!

I can now say with certainty that Instantcert is sufficient for this exam.

I did also read the Ethics section of the DSST Official Guide, but as I mentioned before, I didn't feel prepared until I studied the Instantcert material.

Hope this helps,
Snazzlefrag
That's excellent, congratulations!!! Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 27,565 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 644 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,064 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 412 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 748 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 972 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,691 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Ethical Guidelines for Insurance Professionals (Ethics 311) nomaduser 2 778 08-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  The Institutes Ethics Dowew 14 2,963 06-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az