Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone here from Southwest Florida or Orlando region
Ok, I was looking to buy a home down in the Lee county or Naples region for my family and I because it is alot cheaper and the homes right now are doing horrid due to the market. Problem is that I keep hearing how there is drugs, gang violence and more in these areas. But, Im not hearing this about a neighborhood. Rather the entire darn state practically.
It seems that people down there classify somewhere safe by city blocks. Here in NJ we can honestly say I.E. this county is safe and that county is safe even that town is safe and so forth. Over there it seems like go three blocks good cross the 4th bad. I wanted to get the take from someone that actually lives there or lived there.
The other areas i was looking at was near Orlando such as grove land i believe its called. All I want is a nice 3 bedroom somewhere in the woodish areas but yet near all the fuss and buss of civilization within 30 minutes or less.
Is there anywhere nice in Florida left ?
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
I live in East Orlando. I like it for the most part. It's the Avalon Park area. Another nice place is Waterford Lakes right next to Avalon. Orlando has it's problems, but I never feel unsafe living here. It's like any large metropolitan area. It is true you can travel a few miles and be in a bad section and a few miles later it gets nice again. Orlando is very diverse and that takes some getting used to. Spanish is widely spoken Rolleyes :mad: , and a lot of the billboards are in spanish. I'm used to it though, and it's not a deal breaker for me. Crime is down in 2009 than previous years for some reason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida Man Challenge sanantone 0 610 03-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Florida Masters in Forensic Science publius2k4 3 1,185 02-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: hkhart
  Distance Learning in Florida SimonTam 6 2,130 12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Last Post: P00057870