Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone here knows if these coopersmith courses still valid in TESU?
(12-17-2021, 07:39 PM)StudentOLife Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 11:06 PM)Ideas Wrote: Yes catalog year is the key factor for linear algebra acceptance.

Thanks for the response @ideas, does catalogue date change if we become inactive(after 1 year)? or does it only change after 3 years?

3 years for civilians and 5 years for active duty service people...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-18-2021, 03:00 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 07:39 PM)StudentOLife Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 11:06 PM)Ideas Wrote: Yes catalog year is the key factor for linear algebra acceptance.

Thanks for the response @ideas, does catalogue date change if we become inactive(after 1 year)? or does it only change after 3 years?

3 years for civilians and 5 years for active duty service people...

Many thanks as always bjcheung77, can't believe how many years its been since you gave me that great advice to use Sophia first. Does the inactive status have any bearing on that at all?
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

@StudentOLife, I would just continue on with your current courses until you're done... inactive status doesn't change a whole lot, you have 3 years for them to reactivate your account, after those 3 years, you need to reapply and have the credits evaluated again, the catalog year would also be lost...

(02-08-2021, 04:15 PM)StudentOLife Wrote: @Dorothy44 How do I check that it is still ace approved? I tried searching on the ACE site(https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...fault.aspx) but can't seem to find anything about Coopersmith.

@rachel83az, I see, I'm going for Math/CS BA, so I reckon I'm fine? I wish they'd announce their partnership end dates somewhere...!

Have you seen https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...nconfirmed ? If you don't already have Operating Systems, Discrete Math, and Computer Architecture from SDC, there's still time for you to get at least Operating Systems and Discrete Math from them before the end of the year. Computer Architecture might be a bit of a stretch, but still possible in theory.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-21-2021, 03:09 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @StudentOLife, I would just continue on with your current courses until you're done... inactive status doesn't change a whole lot, you have 3 years for them to reactivate your account, after those 3 years, you need to reapply and have the credits evaluated again, the catalog year would also be lost...

I see, thanks @bjcheung77. I thought I'd have to keep active status and take that medical terminology 1 credit TECEP to keep my catalog and planned courses, glad to know I don't have to. (Though I feel like $50 isn't a big price to pay for some assurance even if it's just to keep my planned courses valid haha.)

---

Thanks @Rachel83az, very grateful for your participation in this forum too. Fortunately, I've prioritized my SDC courses and got all my CS-focused courses done, it's just linear algebra and a few more math classes, then capstone + corner stone and I should be finally done. 

----

@bjcheung77 & @rachel83az, I've got coopersmith linear algerba in my degree plan with my advisor about 1.5 yrs ago with no specified end date, to be accepted for both CS & Math (Double count). Since it's still valid for NCCRS do you think it's safe to assume it's all good and I can continue with coopersmith credit? I don't want to raise any unnecessary flags if I don't need to if you know what i mean.

99% chance it'll work for the math degree. Probably 50/50 it'll work for Comp Sci. I would just go ahead and take it. I'm fairly certain that the worst case scenario is that it winds up only working for the math degree and not computer science.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-22-2021, 03:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote: 99% chance it'll work for the math degree. Probably 50/50 it'll work for Comp Sci. I would just go ahead and take it. I'm fairly certain that the worst case scenario is that it winds up only working for the math degree and not computer science.

But then I'll need to find another UL credit for my CS Sad 
Thanks rachel!

@StudentOLife, schools do change regularly, mainly for the better because of accreditation requirements and so on... if requirements for the degree change, if you lock in the catalog year, you're set for that degree. The main thing with schools is, they will become selective of what courses can be transferred over - we don't have control over that, I would suggest taking the Linear Algebra course if it's already in your academic evaluation. If it's not showing as a pre-approved course, it's most likely a 50/50 chance... if it's showing, complete it asap...

(12-22-2021, 10:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @StudentOLife, schools do change regularly, mainly for the better because of accreditation requirements and so on... if requirements for the degree change, if you lock in the catalog year, you're set for that degree.  The main thing with schools is, they will become selective of what courses can be transferred over - we don't have control over that, I would suggest taking the Linear Algebra course if it's already in your academic evaluation.  If it's not showing as a pre-approved course, it's most likely a 50/50 chance... if it's showing, complete it asap...

Thanks @bjcheung77, Yep it's approved when I planned it with my advisor about 1.5 years ago and since it's still valid for NCCRS with no end date do you think it's safe to assume it's all good and I can continue with coopersmith credit and have it, double count for CS and Math?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 373 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,634 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,790 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,805 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer