Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clep Biology
I am trying to test out for the last 6 credits for my BS degree.  I am looking to take the clep biology, but have not studied biology since highschool over 30 years ago. Does anyone know if is passable just studying the Instant cert flash cards?
Huh
I would suggest using both InstantCert and ModernStates to study for CLEP exams. ModernStates lets you take the CLEP FOR FREE but it's not necessarily the best study guide. BTW, if you are an InstantCert subscriber, you get access to the subscriber section of the forum where more resources for studying for the various CLEP exams are shared.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hey, Are your CLEP test centers open already?  Um, does it have to be the CLEP?  Would taking Sophia.org Biology and another Study.com Biology course do for you?  If it must be CLEP, then the previously mentioned ModernStates and InstantCertCredit combo should do the job.  You might want to review some info on other resources such as Youtube in regards to topics that you may not be too familiar with.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Instantcert flashcards are good. There are just so many of them. If you don't have time to get through all of them to mastery, focus on the topics you know less about and need to memorize facts and vocabulary. A huge chunk of the test covers molecular and cellular biology, make sure you know that well. Most people probably do pretty well on the anatomy and plans parts, but the cells and biomes are probably less well known if you haven't taken science in a few years.

The Bozeman AP Biology videos are great prep: http://www.bozemanscience.com/ap-biology
I also recommend taking the CLEP practice tests from the Official CLEP study guide.
The Cram dot com Clep Biology Flashcards from 2004 are helpful. You can export them to CSV format to get all Q&As in one file.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DIGI-212's post:
  • Pikachu
Thank you.  I have already paid for the Clep test and hoping to take in Late August.  Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the suggestions for resources you all supplied.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 146 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 465 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 764 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 491 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 636 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 407 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 450 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,986 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 936 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 551 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM