Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UExcel World Population Test Review
Hello,

I've been knocking out some UExcel's and I haven't seen too many resources on the difficulty on some of these tests. I recently took the World Population test proctored online. The online proctoring experience was relatively painless by the way. If you are wondering how difficult it is to pass, I would say its pretty easy.

The test is 120 multiple choice questions. The exam took me about an hour to complete. I took this exam with 0 studying. 0 knowledge on world population statistics or theories. I pretty much did what I've always done with multiple choice testing. Read the question thoroughly, select the most likely answer by eliminating others.

Now I am not too focused on my score as you can obviously tell. I had little hopes going into this to even pass. I passed with a C. So I imagine if you did a solid hour or two of studying prior, you could bump it up to a B or an A.

I would recommend taking the practice tests as they are pretty similar in the content you will see on the real test. This at least prepared me for the level of test I was about to take.

I will be taking another UExcel tomorrow and will update on how that goes as well. Hopefully people find this somewhat useful.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
[-] The following 2 users Like cpoteraske's post:
  • rachel83az, Tedium
Thank you very much for posting this! Sounds like a relatively easy way to get UL credit. What test are you taking tomorrow?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-05-2021, 03:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Thank you very much for posting this! Sounds like a relatively easy way to get UL credit.  What test are you taking tomorrow?

I'm taking Workplace Communication with Computers. I'm hoping my somewhat advanced technological prowess will guide me into a C.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
[-] The following 1 user Likes cpoteraske's post:
  • rachel83az
Just finished the Workplace Communication with Computers UExcel, passed with a C. Once again, no studying or anything for this course. Proctoring was a pain this time as some proctors are pickier about how your setup is than others. Overall, a pretty easy course that I'd recommend taking.

Now as for getting these bad boys on a transcript. Can I send these to Pierpont directly as credits on Parchment? Or do I need these credits on a school transcript?
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
(06-06-2021, 09:43 AM)cpoteraske Wrote: Just finished the Workplace Communication with Computers UExcel, passed with a C. Once again, no studying or anything for this course. Proctoring was a pain this time as some proctors are pickier about how your setup is than others. Overall, a pretty easy course that I'd recommend taking.

Now as for getting these bad boys on a transcript. Can I send these to Pierpont directly as credits on Parchment? Or do I need these credits on a school transcript?

Them come on a school transcript, and they show the grade.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
They're already on an Excelsior transcript. I'm not 100% sure how you send them, and it may well be through Parchment, but I seem to remember that it's not sent the "normal" way. I think that there is a specific transcript just for UExcels.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(06-06-2021, 09:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: They're already on an Excelsior transcript. I'm not 100% sure how you send them, and it may well be through Parchment, but I seem to remember that it's not sent the "normal" way. I think that there is a specific transcript just for UExcels.

I'll have to double check on this. When I hit "Request Exam Transcripts" in myExcelsior it takes me directly to Parchment. I have no problem using Parchment, I'm just not sure if Pierpont will accept that.

I'll keep digging to see if I can find another way.

Attached Files
.png   tempsnip.png (Size: 96.86 KB / Downloads: 21)
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
Parchment is a common system for sending college transcripts. ASU uses Parchment. I sent ASU credits to Pierpont via Parchment with 0 issues whatsoever. If that's where it sends you, that's where you need to be. Smile
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(06-06-2021, 09:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Parchment is a common system for sending college transcripts. ASU uses Parchment. I  sent ASU credits to Pierpont via Parchment with 0 issues whatsoever. If that's where it sends you, that's where you need to be. Smile

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

I've followed your advice and should meet the requirements for the Pierpont BOG AAS now. 

Truly appreciate it!
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
Awesome! Fingers crossed that you'll get it quickly.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior is retiring UExcel exams! This month! dfrecore 24 6,077 03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 535 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 391 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  POS-2820 Comparative Politics TECEP Review GameSlinger 5 635 11-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Kones
  BUS-3110 Business in Society TECEP Review GameSlinger 0 286 10-13-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Has anyone taken the english composition 2 tecep test? bobby123 23 5,131 10-13-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TECEP test deadline midnight? CanICode 6 875 04-04-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,777 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Using Study for Art of the Western World Stacie 12 1,688 08-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  UEXCEL Testing Ending vetvso 7 1,267 08-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08