Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.com Courses Transfer to TESU w/o a Letter Grade?
So wait.

You mean to tell me, courses from .com organizations like Straighterline, Davar, and others don't even transfer with a letter grade? So getting an A vs. a C won't even make a difference? 

Backstory: I'm applying to Master's Entry Nursing programs by Jan. 2021. So I need to hurry and do two things: retake my sciences (others are old) and get my BA. I'd prefer to get it in Psychology since most of my college career has headed toward that but will settle for BALS if I run out of time. My plan? Call me crazy but....

*also note: I don't work, but I have a toddler who naps 3-4 hrs a day and sleeps by 9:30.

Local Junior Colleges:
Anatomy & Physiology I 5 weeks online
Anatomy & Physiology II 6 weeks online
Chemistry I 8 weeks online 
Chemistry II (not too concerned with getting this done by Jan. 2021)
Biology I 6 weeks online
Microbiology 8 weeks online or Portage Learning

Straighterline:
American Government
Intro. to Criminal Justice
The Science of Nutrition
Microeconomics

Coopersmith (if they transfer as such)
Physiological Psychology
Research Methods (PSYCH)
History and Systems of Psychology

Davar:
Public Speaking
Principles of Statistics

Study.com:
Ethics in Social Sciences
Psychology of Personality

TESU
Critical Information Literacy
Liberal Arts Capstone
You might be interested in this thread that covers the same topic: Has your grade ever mattered?

In general, yes, all of these credit-by-exam options will come in to RA universities as "CR" and without a letter grade. You may want to check the program requirements for your Master's to make sure that you still satisfy everything it needs by taking alt credit. Some programs require a minimum amount of RA credit, or to have taken specific course prerequisites at a RA university.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scorpion's post:
  • Erikabol
(05-28-2020, 11:47 PM)scorpion Wrote: You might be interested in this thread that covers the same topic: Has your grade ever mattered?

In general, yes, all of these credit-by-exam options will come in to RA universities as "CR" and without a letter grade. You may want to check the program requirements for your Master's to make sure that you still satisfy everything it needs by taking alt credit. Some programs require a minimum amount of RA credit, or to have taken specific course prerequisites at a RA university.

I'll have probably 100 credits or more from regular institutions! I have about 84 credits currently from cc's and 2 universities! As far as I can tell all they require is a degree and the pre-req's!
Also, just forgot to add that my pre-reqs will come from community colleges which is typical! They’ll be online which is not AS typical, but due to COVID I’m hoping it won’t be any issue. My first choice accepts all the courses from Portage Learning except for 1!
It's not just TESU - almost all schools bring in ACE, CLEP, DSST, AP exams, etc. without a grade.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Erikabol
The last time I considered courses like these were almost 10 years ago, so I had no idea! I also know COSC lists a letter grade, and that was the first of the big 3 that I looked into, but ultimately went with TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 170 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 237 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 366 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,581 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538