Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
comprehensive tuition = graduate credits?
creditmonsoon Wrote:Yeah but it takes time to study for a tecep and i reqlly want to meet the jan1st deadline lol. I think the easiest one is the medical terminology tecep for 1cr. I actually tried signing up for it but I didnt see any way to. I emailed them about it.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the Jan 1 deadline. To apply for graduation? You can do that without taking a TECEP. And, at this point, it's too late to sign up for a Jan 1 TECEP anyway. You have to register for a "class" (the TECEP), and today is the deadline for late registration. So you have to pay the $114 plus an additional $150 late reg fee.

If you have applied and sent in all of your transcripts, you can apply for graduation. If you can't do it online, call them. You then will have until at least Feb 1 to get everything to them. They will contact you after Jan 1 to tell you they don't have everything, and put you back in the queue to be re-evaluated after Feb 1. You can then do whatever else needs to be done before then.

And BTW, the Medical Terminology TECEP is not easy, if you don't know medical terminology. Just because it's 1cr doesn't mean it's easy. If I were going to take a TECEP (and I've taken 5), I thought Applied Math was easy (after taking ALEKS's Intermediate Algebra), Computer Concepts was fairly easy, English Comp II was pretty easy, and Tech Writing was very easy. I'll be Sociology would be easy as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, I would call the graduation department. Even a January TECEP is too late since enrollment is 10 days after the start of the term. But if they won't let you graduate without enrollment, you will need a TECEP so you don't run into this problem again. This could have been avoided by taking a TECEP in the summer to enroll. This is why you ignore the "enroll early" advice at great peril.

But I remember that post from someone with no enrollment graduating, so not all hope is lost.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
creditmonsoon Wrote:very true...

it'd be more like 6-something, if that's any better. I live in NJ

plus books. 36 "free" credits is about 12 classes. At a minimum you're investing another grand in textbooks. And occasionally the online codes (which you can't buy used) and if you took a lab? Hold on to your mouse.
Contacting TESU is your best option. See what they say first and then make a plan. Normally you have to be enrolled before they will allow you to apply for graduation but check with TESU to see what your options are. Have you applied to TESU already and started to send transcripts?
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
swalke321 Wrote:Contacting TESU is your best option. See what they say first and then make a plan. Normally you have to be enrolled before they will allow you to apply for graduation but check with TESU to see what your options are. Have you applied to TESU already and started to send transcripts?

They said that enrolling in the TECEP will put me in for a June graduation. There's no way to graduate by March? I need it for a promotion Sad would I be able to furnish transcripts that I have my bachelor's degree before my date of graduation?\

On a side note, it's true that you get to bypass the cornerstone if you have over 104cr. Wink
creditmonsoon Wrote:They said that enrolling in the TECEP will put me in for a June graduation. There's no way to graduate by March? I need it for a promotion Sad would I be able to furnish transcripts that I have my bachelor's degree before my date of graduation?\

On a side note, it's true that you get to bypass the cornerstone if you have over 104cr. Wink

Did you apply for graduation? If not, there's no option until you do so... if you have, then you can do the following.
This is just a guess, apply for a late admission to the TECEP mentioned (cutoff for Jan was 12/10/2016).
Schedule for an immediate test to that TECEP for Medical Terminology. Transfer everything in if not already done.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The problem with the TECEP is that you do not actually become enrolled until the semester begins. If you enroll for the next TECEP which would be January semester you will not be enrolled until middle of January. The deadline for graduation is Jan 1 which requires that you be enrolled to submit the graduation application. If you graduate in June then you should get a letter from TESU before graduation stating that you have been certified for graduation. For June graduation the deadline is April 1st so depending on when you apply and when TESU audits you for graduation you might get a letter sometime in April. Did TESU say whether they would allow you to enroll in a December TECEP? Occasionally TESU may allow enrollment into a TECEP after registration dates. Would your job accept a copy of your Academic Evaluation? After applying you receive an Academic Evaluation showing all of the requirements and if you met them or not. Once you enroll you can request an official transcript. The transcripts won't show the degree awarded until the official graduation date in June but the transcripts will show that you are currently enrolled in a bachelors degree. Then once you graduate the transcript will show that a degree was awarded. If you do apply for the June graduation apply before the deadline, not sure how early you can apply. TESU says that they audit graduation applications in the order that they are received as long as the academic evaluation says that all requirements are met.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
There's certainly no harm in applying for graduation by Jan 1, even if you register for a Feb term TECEP. The term starts on Jan 30, so if you studied in Jan and took it immediately on Jan 30, you would still be in line for March graduation. Even if they tell you that it's not possible, I don't really see how that's the case. Worst that happens is that you don't make it, but honestly, I think it's possible.

As a matter of fact, that's my plan! I was going to apply on Jan 1 for March graduation, take the Strategic Management TECEP around Jan 30th, and the cornerstone as well because I need 1 more credit of residency.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't think you can fill out the online graduation application as an applicant. I believe you need to be an enrolled student. But OP should try and see if it works.

Otherwise beg to fill out a graduation application without enrollment. I think they'd let you do it knowing that a $2323 payment is forthcoming.

If you used up your two evals as an applicant and you haven't met all requirements already, beg to get into a January TECEP. Do this on Monday so you get more evals.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,105 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,263 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,687 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,710 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,835 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,906 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,602 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,373 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,794 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,420 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou