Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Provisional Enrollment
I just barely finished my last course at Excelsior this last week, I was hearing from my Advisor that my official conferral date probably won't be until around Mid February. I was wanting to Start WGU's Graduate program around the Start of January but I obviously need an official Bachelor's Degree. I've reached out to WGU on this but the person I talked to was unsure they've never dealt with the situation. Does anyone know if WGU does any kind of provisional enrollment? I can get a LOQ or Letter of Qualification from Excelsior stating I've finished all the requirements for an undergrad and am just waiting for the conferral, I know a handful of other graduate programs do "Provisional Enrollment" when you give proof of completion and they admit you and you can begin working but by a certain amount of time into the degree you need to send over an official transcript. Has anyone dealt with this from WGU before? Also, I would imagine it is, but is there Graduate program easy to get into?
(11-30-2020, 06:56 PM)COLTCHRIS97 Wrote: I just barely finished my last course at Excelsior this last week, I was hearing from my Advisor that my official conferral date probably won't be until around Mid February. I was wanting to Start WGU's Graduate program around the Start of January but I obviously need an official Bachelor's Degree. I've reached out to WGU on this but the person I talked to was unsure they've never dealt with the situation. Does anyone know if WGU does any kind of provisional enrollment? I can get a LOQ or Letter of Qualification from Excelsior stating I've finished all the requirements for an undergrad and am just waiting for the conferral, I know a handful of other graduate programs do "Provisional Enrollment" when you give proof of completion and they admit you and you can begin working but by a certain amount of time into the degree you need to send over an official transcript. Has anyone dealt with this from WGU before? Also, I would imagine it is, but is there Graduate program easy to get into?

The degree MUST be conferred BEFORE WGU will allow enrollment. WGU is extremely strict on this fact and there is no bending the rules.
(11-30-2020, 06:56 PM)COLTCHRIS97 Wrote: I just barely finished my last course at Excelsior this last week, I was hearing from my Advisor that my official conferral date probably won't be until around Mid February. I was wanting to Start WGU's Graduate program around the Start of January but I obviously need an official Bachelor's Degree. I've reached out to WGU on this but the person I talked to was unsure they've never dealt with the situation. Does anyone know if WGU does any kind of provisional enrollment? I can get a LOQ or Letter of Qualification from Excelsior stating I've finished all the requirements for an undergrad and am just waiting for the conferral, I know a handful of other graduate programs do "Provisional Enrollment" when you give proof of completion and they admit you and you can begin working but by a certain amount of time into the degree you need to send over an official transcript. Has anyone dealt with this from WGU before? Also, I would imagine it is, but is there Graduate program easy to get into?

No, WGU will not accept anything except a final transcript showing a conferred degree before you can begin a master's degree with them. I finished the work required to graduate from TESU at the very end of December of 2018. However, the next degree conferral wouldn't occur until March. Rather than sit on my thumbs for 4 months waiting for the commencement, I wanted to begin my MBA in February. Despite getting confirmation that all degree requirements were satisfied (in January) and providing proof of completion from my degree audit (in February), WGU would not budge.

After going back and forth for a couple of months, I ended up scheduling my first term to begin in April 2019. Even then I almost had to push back to May since WGU requires all transcripts to be in no later than the 15th of the month before the start of the term and my degree conferral from TESU didn't occur until a couple of days after that. I had to get special approval to allow an additional week for my transcripts to post to TESU. This shortened the time I had to complete my orientation and review materials before beginning my term and I wasn't allowed access to anything until the transcript posted. It was a bit of a nightmare, TBH. If there had been any delays on TESU's side, problems with the transcript, or delays in its evaluation by WGU, that would have pushed back my start date by a month.

So like @HogwartsSchool stated, they are extremely strict and there is no wiggle room on this. You need to not only have your degree completed, but conferred, and the transcript sent to WGU by the 15th of the month before you wish to begin.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Enrollment Link doesnt work anymore daguda 10 1,443 08-15-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: nadaone