Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
culinary & food
So, I've never really shared any of my favorite lecture courses here that relate to food and or culinary arts. I know, not a popular major around these parts, but every now and then someone might come here looking for something good to watch- so I'm sharing! If you've noticed, Netflix has really upped their food collection lately. From the regular cooking shows to contemporary social issues in food (organics, genetic modification, industrial farming, politics, etc) so if this is your thing, I think you'll like these two classes.

This is through YALE and it's free. The class is through the psychology dept: PSYC123 The Psychology, Biology, and Politics of Food. (23 lectures and they are GREAT- very academic, very now, very controversial- really good stuff)
Open Yale Courses | The Psychology, Biology and Politics of Food

This is through HARVARD and it's free. This class is a who's who of great chefs, and they integrate science beautifully. Very culinary, very science. Really, really, really enjoyed these! If you only watch one, skip right to Grant Achatz lecture 6. And let me know what you think Smile Watch these on itunes or youtube. lecture 1 Food and Science | Lecture 1 (2012) - YouTube

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pandemic Effect on Food Deserts Kal Di 6 757 04-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Looming Food Shortages Is the Next ‘Slow-Moving Disaster’ to Hit World LevelUP 8 1,589 03-28-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Food Allergies 2L8 24 3,698 07-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Brain food cw008658 20 2,693 03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: OpenRoot