Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
degree plan help again please
Between Patten shutting down, TESU shunning shmoop, and a few other things, I am back to not having any clue or degree plan. Im sitting here with around 100 undergraduate credits and no freaking clue what to do now. I feel like I have been chasing my tail and wasting time this year. All degree plans I had are useless now. Could someone please help me with some options of degrees and where I can best utilize what I have? 
I am at a point that any bachelors that will allow me into a Masters program will work. A bachelors in business would be better as my work seems to think that is the only important bachelors there is but if I can get into a masters then it won't matter.

Here is what I have completed so far

WIU
COM 110 Effective Persuasive Writing 
IT 101 Skills for learning in an Information Age
COM 112 Utilising Information in College Writing
CRT 201 Critical Thinking

Ashford University
EXP 105 Personal Dimensions of Education
ENG 125 Introduction to Literature

ALEKS
College Algebra

Institutes
Ethics Course

Sophia
Developing Effective Teams 
Foundations of College Algebra 
Foundations of Statistics 
The Essentials of Managing Conflict 

TEEX
Cyber Security for Business Professionals 
Cyber Security for Everyone 
Cyber Security for IT Professionals 

Study.com
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications 
Finance 102: Personal Finance 
History 108: History of the Vietnam War 
Library Science 101: Information Literacy 
Political Science 102: American Government 
Religion 101: Intro to World Religions

Shmoop
Business Communication
Economics 101 
Film Studies 
History of Technology
Human Sexuality 
Introduction to Art History
Introduction to Biology
Introduction to Marketing
Introduction to Physics 
Media Literacy 
Pre-Algebra I 
Pre-Algebra II 
Principles of Finance 
Principles of Management
Professional Writing 
The Bible as Literature 

My military credits seem to be treated differently depending where I go. Some just give me 10 credits while others break them down. This is the breakdown of what Pierpont did.
MILT 1998 Marksmanship 2 CR
MILT 1998 Physical Fit. & Conditioning 1 CR 
MILT 1998 Orienteering/Outdoor Skills 1 CR
MILT 1998 Personal Finance 1 CR 
MILT 1998 Supervisory Mgmt 1 CR
MILT 1998 Introduction to Terrorism 1 CR 
MILT 1998 Instructonal Methodology 3 CR

The following courses I have completed but just haven't taken the final exams on yet. Not sure which ones I should finish or just forget about.

Straighterline
Accounting 1
Accounting 2
Business Law
Business Ethics

Study.com (don't have a current subscription, all are complete minus proctored final)
Business 109: Intro to Computing
Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
Computer Science 102: Fundamentals of Information Technology
Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications
Business 106: Human Resource Management
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management

Shmoop (not sure if I even want to go back and pay the $25 proctor fees for these as some I was just taking for the fun of it)
Drugs in literature
Geometry
Foundations of Education
Modernist Literature
Shakespeare's Plays 
Holocaust Literature
Victorian Literature
Shakespeare in Context
Accounting 101: Financial Accounting
Journalism 101
Pop Culture Literacy
Introduction to E-Commerce 

I will have the BOG degree from Pierpont if that can help anywhere also.

Anyone see anything?
I would finish your SL courses ASAP, since those 4 courses are required in ALL business degrees I've seen. The Business Ethics course will duplicate the free Ethics course at TESU, so that one is up to you.

Then, apply to COSC, EC & WGU. I don't know their degrees well enough to make plans for you, but they are much faster than TESU at producing evals, so at least you'll know where you stand with all of them.

I am going to guess that WGU might be fastest for you, since you don't have a lot of UL credits, but I'm not sure.

Once you get back your evals, you can post them here and ask for help in determining which will be the best for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, Johmford
I'd do as dfrecore suggests, but many of your Shmoop credits aren't all that useful for a BSBA anyway, so you should chart your path forward with TESU as an option as well. I know you're disappointed, but you can let that get you down, or you can just pick yourself up and soldier on (should be familiar to an ex-jarhead). Sometimes people get so fixed on using every credit they have, that they lose sight of the final goal, which is graduating.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
So sad man. Keep strong. Apply to all three and see which one will give you the most credits. Though I feel COSC is the best option with all the Shmoop TESU isnt taking. You could do the "individualized studies" option with "Business and Liberal Arts" as the major or something.

The best advice I think I got on this forum is enroll and lock your credits ASAP I cant remember where I read that but it was the best advice cause lately the Big 3 have been changing a lot its not to late man apply to COSC cause right now they take shmoop and see what they say, cut your losses and gradaute.
Come on you can do it!! Dont give up!!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,227 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,874 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,361 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,682 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,898 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,031 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,338 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,696 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero