Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do I have any good options? Ready to start making plans!
English 101 3 credits
English 102 3 credits
History of the 20th century 3 credits
Sociology 3 Credits
Abnormal Psych 3 credits
Gen Psych 3 credits
Emergency first response 3 credits
Speech 3 credits
Intro to music 3 credits
I have 27 credits

which path should I focus on?

Can I use financial aid because I would like to do that for some of my credits. I qualify for fafsa every year.
All of these are from community college.

I was thinking TESC and should I use straighterline as well?

What are my choices on fastest and best bachelors? If I go for English I would ultimately want to get my master’s degree in it. But besides that what do you guys think would help me land a job where I can travel? Maybe some English and business management type of degree.

also side note do they have online business Masters programs or English.

What do you guys suggest?
Welcome, yb1! The good news is that your credits are nice "multi-purpose" hours that can be used for almost any degree. Here are a few things to think about before you choose a particular degree:

1. You can combine English credits and business credits in many ways to make a degree. As an English major, you could fill up your 27 hours of free electives with business classes. If you would prefer a Business degree, which is generally considered more marketable and more test-friendly, you could use the three CLEP Literature exams to fulfill 18 general education credits in your degree. In addition, a Communications degree with free elective Business classes might be a good choice for you.

2. Another thing to consider is how comfortable you are with math. To get a BA in English, you need to complete 3 hours of math: one class in Intermediate Algebra, Liberal Arts Math, College Math, etc. For a BSBA degree, though, you need to be good with completing College Algebra, Statistics, and at least 9 hours of accounting and/or finance classes.

3. Since you mentioned Straighterline, do you prefer to take classes over testing out? Some people prefer to test out of as many classes as possible, while others would much rather take a class than try to pass an exam. Are you a good test-taker? A degree from TESC can be completed using either or both of these methods, so consider which you prefer.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
thank you for the response.

some subjects I can ace test out easily while others like math I tend to stress out and forget all of the formulas. I think what I would need to do is go for the business degree. I will just have to take math courses.

You mentioned Saylor in another post. which courses would you suggest I take for the business degree? I was reading through it and they have an open pathway for business associates through tesc (but this seems kind of confusing. The rules state that you need to enroll into TESC before you can start this open pathway. Then you need to do it in a certain order. Lastly, it states that you need to make a portfolio and that they will access it). I don't really understand that. but I guess I need to do more research into that. ca

Maybe I can take a few courses as a study aid and then finally test out of them. I am wondering if I can finish my bachelors by next year sometime. That would be incredible. I need to come up with a time table and dates and have everything laid out in front of me. (i am incredibly ADHD) speaking of which. do they have any benefits for people with disabilities?

I am also contemplating between TESC and UMUC since I live in Maryland. Ultimately I want to get my business degree.

I will plan to do clep for the 18 credits in English.

What other tests should I focus on if I am aiming towards business?

Does anyone have any experience with UMUC i have heard it is a good school?

what about upper level courses? does everyone just test out of those? I am going to be going on a lot of walks and listening to audiobooks so anything really that will help utilize my laziness.

I think the next step is to start working on a plan. I would love to self-study for tests and take courses. Which ever is easier..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,922 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,950 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,922 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Print Options TRUTEX79 2 1,191 04-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  I'm solidly set on TESU BSBA CIS, Any help figuring out options for a double major? camjenks 5 1,511 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  Looking for Help with my TESU start Dacowta 1 902 02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
  Start of my Journey. oniflednitsua 5 1,301 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM