Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
easiest way to earn a degree from home...?
*posted in the wrong category before, posting in the correct one now* 

I have 6 or 9 credits that will most likely transfer as electives from around 20 years ago, so idk if they'll even still transfer. I am looking to get my bachelors in business with either a marketing, management, communications, or even possibly computer concentration. The issue is that I have 6 children and homeschool so taking CLEP or DSST exams or other out of the house exams is very difficult.  I also keep putting off just getting started and need to just START but I need to figure out a solid plan and do it. I'm wondering what the easiest and most cost effective way to start is... preferably taking courses through Saylor/study dot com/davar/etc where I can take as many tests at home and earn credit that way.  Can anyone help me figure this out? And I was wondering if the $200 a month for study dot com allows me to take tests for credit on multiple courses each month or only one...? same with Davar?  And does anyone have multiple degree plans to let me download and peruse?
Ginger mama of 6 gingers, newbie  Huh  working towards BSB  Big Grin
(07-13-2019, 09:20 PM)gingermama Wrote: *posted in the wrong category before, posting in the correct one now* 

I have 6 or , 9 credits that will most likely transfer as electives from around 20 years ago, so idk if they'll even still transfer. I am looking to get my bachelors in business with either a marketing, management, communications, or even possibly computer concentration. The issue is that I have 6 children and homeschool so taking CLEP or DSST exams or other out of the house exams is very difficult.  I also keep putting off just getting started and need to just START but I need to figure out a solid plan and do it. I'm wondering what the easiest and most cost effective way to start is... preferably taking courses through Saylor/study dot com/davar/etc where I can take as many tests at home and earn credit that way.  Can anyone help me figure this out? And I was wondering if the $200 a month for study dot com allows me to take tests for credit on multiple courses each month or only one...? same with Davar?  And does anyone have multiple degree plans to let me download and peruse?

Welcome!
I know you were already given a link to the Wiki.  I. personally, read through the forum posts for weeks and checked out the Big 3 colleges' websites.  All that info helped so much!
I am not personally going for a degree (I already have what I need) but I too homeschool my twin boys so i understand time/energy constraints.  Take it slow.  Read through the posts and I bet as you think of questions you'll eventually find the answers on this forum.
Good luck!!  You CAN do it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

To answer your Study.com question, it includes the final exam for TWO courses per month. Any extras are $70 each.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easiest ACE accredited courses on Saylor cfoster 5 1,364 11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easiest LL & UL Class on Study.com dragonwolf 13 3,474 07-21-2022, 01:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best place/easiest for English Comp I? suzycupcake 13 2,283 06-21-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Easiest/Quickest Remaining Sophia Courses? bdarei 21 14,993 05-22-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 4,650 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007
  StraighterLine - Degree after 50! bjcheung77 4 1,379 04-03-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: NC Coach
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 7 2,248 12-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Comprehensive list of fastest/easiest general elective / liberal arts credits studyingfortests 4 1,304 08-28-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Easiest Straighterline Classes amykayreeves 3 1,343 08-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest English Comp 2 credit & Study.com lab channaleah 12 2,745 08-18-2021, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore