Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
excelsior LIBERAL ARTS vs GEN. BUSINESS degree
my transcripts were evaluated a while back and the business degree shows I need 80hours. one of my schools was only nationally accredited and they are waiting for the regional accreditation. with that school I had an associate of business so that was the reason i applied for business. those credits are now floating until the school gets accredited.

i spoke with the counselor who recommended a liberal arts degree which i would only require 57 hours.

can anyone give me an idea of their experience with the liberal arts degree - the process (degree/course/test plan). i had already charted out all my exams for the business degree now i am reassessing everything.

thanks for the help.
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
BELLA Wrote:my transcripts were evaluated a while back and the business degree shows I need 80hours. one of my schools was only nationally accredited and they are waiting for the regional accreditation. with that school I had an associate of business so that was the reason i applied for business. those credits are now floating until the school gets accredited.

i spoke with the counselor who recommended a liberal arts degree which i would only require 57 hours.

can anyone give me an idea of their experience with the liberal arts degree - the process (degree/course/test plan). i had already charted out all my exams for the business degree now i am reassessing everything.

thanks for the help.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Hello Bella:

First - Take the advise and counsel from your advisor before all others.

Second - As to "experience" with the process, I would have to say that a degree in LA gives you a little bit more flexibility in your filling your course requirements. I cannot speak to anything else.

As I said, heed the advise of your counselors as they truly no what's best for your degree requirements.

GOOD LUCK!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Bella - it's a kunundrum isn't it?
I'm a liberal arts mgr at EC and I, too had originally started in the school of business, well, technology, but it's close. The key thing that I have found is that in lib arts, you have a much broader selection of exams/classes to choose from to fulfill your requirements.

You know you have to have 120 min hours to graduate. You need a min of 12 hours arts/science in the same subject with 3 being UL and you need the same min for applied proffessional. Other than that, as long as exams/classes don't duplicate, you're good. Oh, and you DON'T need Statistics to graduate (I'm NOT a math person!) like you do in every degree in the school of business. I'm sure most, if not all of your cleps/dssts would count.

This info is very high-level and a bit oversimplified. But the point I'm trying to make is that I chose liberal arts because of it's diversity. Oh yeah, and don't base your decisions on what we say, talk to your advisor and question everything. Take the time to go through it all.

Good luck!
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 546 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 248 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 556 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,646 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 553 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 490 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 277 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 833 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,221 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 273 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden