Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help - TESU BA Psychology
Hi, I would like to know the CHEAPEST way to get a BA Psychology degree from TESU. Here is my eval from TESU based on 2020. I am a single mom on an extremely tight budget and would be applying for a Federal Student Loan to cover the cost of most if not all of this. I am transferring in quite a bit and dont have that far to go (I dont think). Also, how long do you think this will take to complete?

Please see my attached TESU Evaluation for a BA in Psychology which shows the areas I need to complete for the degree.

MANY thanks! 
NickyBerit

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU.BA.PSYCH.2020.pdf (Size: 88.41 KB / Downloads: 53)
Take Sophia.org: Public Speaking, Introduction to Ethics, and Statistics NOW. They're free right now. Right NOW, GO. https://www.sophia.org/online-courses-fo...ege-credit

Next: https://www.instantcertcredit.com/ our wonderful host for this forum, American Government course, $20/month + proctoring fee. I got through it, and was studying previously for the CLEP.

After you're done those, PM me or post again. As you finish up the Sophia courses, you need to add them to an ACE transcript. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
[-] The following 2 users Like Library2HospitalChaplain's post:
  • rachel83az, Restor8
(06-17-2020, 06:40 PM)nickyberit Wrote: Hi, I would like to know the CHEAPEST way to get a BA Psychology degree from TESU. Here is my eval from TESU based on 2020. I am a single mom on an extremely tight budget and would be applying for a Federal Student Loan to cover the cost of most if not all of this. I am transferring in quite a bit and dont have that far to go (I dont think). Also, how long do you think this will take to complete?

Please see my attached TESU Evaluation for a BA in Psychology which shows the areas I need to complete for the degree.

MANY thanks! 
NickyBerit

Well, if you want to not pay for anything out of pocket, including the residency waiver which is increasing after July 1st, then to have the tuition covered under aid your only option is to take at least 16 credits through TESU (6 of which are the 2 required courses of SOS-110 and capstone). 

So that means you need to take 10 TESU credits (aside from SOS and capstone) and the minimum for aid is 6 credits per semester. So it's really a question of which 10 courses do you want to take through TESU and then go from there? 10 credits would be 4 additional courses (1 would be 1 credit, the Jane Austen one is usually recommended, I believe). Can you handle that much in 1 semester then SOS + capstone for the following semester? If so, that's 6 months minimum as far as "how fast."

And yes, sign up for all you can from Sophia.org before the cut-off of July 31st, even if you don't need them it's fine to have in the account and then they just drop off if you don't complete them, just in case. 

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(06-17-2020, 07:20 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: Take Sophia.org: Public Speaking, Introduction to Ethics, and Statistics NOW. They're free right now. Right NOW, GO. https://www.sophia.org/online-courses-fo...ege-credit

Next: https://www.instantcertcredit.com/   our wonderful host for this forum, American Government course, $20/month + proctoring fee. I got through it, and was studying previously for the CLEP.

After you're done those, PM me or post again. As you finish up the Sophia courses, you need to add them to an ACE transcript. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

thank you so much, I am taking sophia courses as we speak. Im also taking an extra 'Art History 1' because I already took Public Speaking, it was called Speech Communications and the evaluation shows it was added to my electives instead for some reason? I am going to petition to have that added to the 'Oral Communications' section and Art History as an elective instead. Hoping they dont give me trouble about that.

I will get in touch again when I finish my sophia courses, thanks again!

(06-17-2020, 09:58 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 06:40 PM)nickyberit Wrote: Hi, I would like to know the CHEAPEST way to get a BA Psychology degree from TESU. Here is my eval from TESU based on 2020. I am a single mom on an extremely tight budget and would be applying for a Federal Student Loan to cover the cost of most if not all of this. I am transferring in quite a bit and dont have that far to go (I dont think). Also, how long do you think this will take to complete?

MANY thanks! 
NickyBerit

Well, if you want to not pay for anything out of pocket, including the residency waiver which is increasing after July 1st, then to have the tuition covered under aid your only option is to take at least 16 credits through TESU (6 of which are the 2 required courses of SOS-110 and capstone). 

So that means you need to take 10 TESU credits (aside from SOS and capstone) and the minimum for aid is 6 credits per semester. So it's really a question of which 10 courses do you want to take through TESU and then go from there? 10 credits would be 4 additional courses (1 would be 1 credit, the Jane Austen one is usually recommended, I believe). Can you handle that much in 1 semester then SOS + capstone for the following semester? If so, that's 6 months minimum as far as "how fast."

And yes, sign up for all you can from Sophia.org before the cut-off of July 31st, even if you don't need them it's fine to have in the account and then they just drop off if you don't complete them, just in case. 

HTH!

yiikes the flat rate tuition fee that youre speaking of is alot of $$! Ill get it covered by a stafford loan but thats still alot for me to pay back. Most of my outstanding courses are psych courses-maybe there is a way to take them for cheap?
(06-21-2020, 03:22 AM)nickyberit Wrote: yiikes the flat rate tuition fee that youre speaking of is alot of $$! Ill get it covered by a stafford loan but thats still alot for me to pay back. Most of my outstanding courses are psych courses-maybe there is a way to take them for cheap?

If you do not take 16 credits through TESU (which would be a lot of work, admittedly), you will have to pay the $3100 residency waiver fee. You cannot use federal loans or grants to pay this fee. So, while you could take most of your psych classes from Study.com, in your case it might be better to bite the bullet and actually take them at TESU.
Im thinking I can use sophia.org and study.com to take all the others for an out of pocket cost that i can afford, so in that case, how much would it cost in total to only take the SOS and capstone at TESU?
where is the fastest and easiest place to take Psychology courses for a BA in Psych at TESU? I have 6 to take, and an Ethics course (I already took Intro to Ethics on Sophia)

Research in Experimental Psychology
History and Systems of Psychology
Psysiological Psychology
Developmental Psychology
Abnormal Psychology
Psychology Elective

Ethics in the Digital Age
Abnormal psychology has a TECEP. Most of the Psych AOS can be completed at Study.com, although some will come in as lower-level only. Most of the upper-level credits can be taken from Coopersmith or UExcel exams.
(06-21-2020, 05:06 PM)nickyberit Wrote: Im thinking I can use sophia.org and study.com to take all the others for an out of pocket cost that i can afford, so in that case, how much would it cost in total to only take the SOS and capstone at TESU?

Utilizing mostly Study.com and Sophia courses (calculated at $100 each), the total cost (including SDC) for a TESU degree is approximately $5500 when you have the SDC discount. It would be around $6000 if you do not have the SDC discount. I have not calculated based on the expected price changes, yet, though so these figures are not exact.
(06-22-2020, 01:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 05:06 PM)nickyberit Wrote: Im thinking I can use sophia.org and study.com to take all the others for an out of pocket cost that i can afford, so in that case, how much would it cost in total to only take the SOS and capstone at TESU?

Utilizing mostly Study.com and Sophia courses (calculated at $100 each), the total cost (including SDC) for a TESU degree is approximately $5500 when you have the SDC discount. It would be around $6000 if you do not have the SDC discount. I have not calculated based on the expected price changes, yet, though so these figures are not exact.

Nickberit, have you already applied to TESU as well as taken at least one Study.com? If not, keep in mind that the Study.com discount is going away July 1st and right now, I highly doubt it would be enough time to get that going. I could be wrong, but just a thought.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 176 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 171 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 469 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 380 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 440 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 776 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP