Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fema questions
soupbone Wrote:Just to clarify. Are you saying that TESC and FCC both told you that in order to receive college credit for the FEMA course you are required to enroll in a degree program? After you enroll in a degree program the exam have to be proctored? I'm asking you to clarify because I've read on several forums that FCC will transcript the FEMA courses for a fee ($60 a credit hour I think) and then you can transfer them to another university. The option with FCC was to enroll in a degree program which would then require you to take a proctored examination. On the other hand I have heard that TESC will accept FEMA courses raw and will apply them toward free electives unless you enroll in an emergency management program. Unless things have drastically changed this is the last I've heard on both issues. Smile

Yes you pay the $60.00 but its just to validate that you took the course online. Its still not considered a college credit till you take there proctored exam for that module. So say you take exam 100,200 and what ever else online you would have to then take the mod exam proctored from them in order to receive credit for all of those 3 exams. Its kind of pointless to pay the $60 per credit if you just want to transfer them to another school. Because they all do the same from what i gathered.
Now unless someone else out there understood this different let me know and im sorry then. But this was the only reason i stopped taking the tests online because they were useless there after.
nj593 Wrote:Yes you pay the $60.00 but its just to validate that you took the course online. Its still not considered a college credit till you take there proctored exam for that module. So say you take exam 100,200 and what ever else online you would have to then take the mod exam proctored from them in order to receive credit for all of those 3 exams. Its kind of pointless to pay the $60 per credit if you just want to transfer them to another school. Because they all do the same from what i gathered.
Now unless someone else out there understood this different let me know and im sorry then. But this was the only reason i stopped taking the tests online because they were useless there after.

I think someone may be misinforming you unless they just recenlty changed how they award credit. The reason I say this is FEMA will send a transcript to whatever school you choose to validate that you took the courses. So why would you need to pay the $60 per credit unless it's for a school that doesn't accept RAW FEMA credit? You can get the same exact thing by getting FEMA to send them a transcript. Like I said though I have heard that FCC requires you to take a proctored exam IF you want to pursue a degree in Emergency Management. This only applies to pursuing the degree through them. They will however transcript credit for $60 a credit. This is if you are wanting to transfer these to another regionally accredited school that doesn't accept RAW Fema credit. Last I read TESC accepts RAW Fema credits meaning they will take the transcript from FEMA and you don't have to go through FCC, Clackamus, etc. and have them transcripted. I'm having mine evaluated right now and I'll post an update in a few weeks and list theones they accept. I'm not saying I'm right since I haven't been through it yet but from all I've read this still seems to be the case. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,118 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,717 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,005 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,630 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,795 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,937 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,313 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,942 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,627 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,363 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200