Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fema questions
johnysc430 Wrote:So what do I have to do?

Here you go
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
BrandeX Wrote:I don't think FEMA ISP is particularily accredited by anyone in and of themselves. The National Emergency Training Center (EMI) is ACE reviewed, which has some classes similar to, but does not appear to apply to, the FEMA ISP portion of training, just the on-site classes. Regardless, ACE is a credit recommendation service and not a regional/national accreditor themselves.

I meant it as why don't they accept FEMA credits from TESC as TESC is an accredited school just like FCC and CCC.

One might wonder about the kickback theory mentioned by GettinMyBA Rolleyes
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
Okay, did someone say that the FEMA tests have to still be proctored?? I didn't see this post until just now and only today sent out the transcript request to FCC for the 16 FEMA courses I've completed. Do I really have to take a proctor exam after all this?? Does anyone have specific experience with this?? It's really scaring me now since I just invested $960.
Passed so far:
CLEP:
A&I Lit - 6 credits
Freshman Comp-6 credits
Eng Comp w/Essay-6 credits
Sociology-3 credits
Principle of Mgmt-3 credits
French - 12 credits
Human Growth & Dev- 3 credits
Humanities-6 credits

DSST:
Principle of Supervision- 3 credits
Env & Humanity - 3 credits
Intro to Computing - 3 credits

FEMA/FCC: 16 credits
UMUC-22 credits
NVCC -17
ACE - 23 credits
Aleks - Beginning Algebra
Aleks-Intermediate Algebra
ACTFL Chinese -6 credits

All done - Graduating in Oct from TESC -BA in Humanities!!

Grad School: MS Human Resource Mgmt-2012
No, they don't have to be proctored.
Jesse
I believe the proctored exams pertain to those seeking a AAS degree in EM from FCC with those FEMA credits.
SORRY I am new here, what is FEMA?? Thanks!
The term FEMA stands for the Federal Emergency Management Agency. When people talk about FEMA credits, they're referring to the Independent Study (IS) Courses. It's basically correspondence courses that you can do on the FEMA site. Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program

All you do is do the courses and you can get college credits through TESC, FCC, or CCC. The school you go to dictates how you have to go about getting the credits put on your transcripts, but if you do a search for FEMA on here, you'll find tons of info.
Jesse
Thanks Hawkeye!
see but when i contacted fcc they told me that they would not be able to give me college credit unless i applied for there associates. There fore would need to take the proctor exams. Same went for thomas ed.
So in order to get a credit that is college accepted you would need to sign up for there degree program and then take the proctor test to convert the credit. NO ? or is there something im just missing here.
Because yes you can get the fema certs online for free but are not a college credit yet.
nj593 Wrote:see but when i contacted fcc they told me that they would not be able to give me college credit unless i applied for there associates. There fore would need to take the proctor exams. Same went for thomas ed.
So in order to get a credit that is college accepted you would need to sign up for there degree program and then take the proctor test to convert the credit. NO ? or is there something im just missing here.
Because yes you can get the fema certs online for free but are not a college credit yet.

Just to clarify. Are you saying that TESC and FCC both told you that in order to receive college credit for the FEMA course you are required to enroll in a degree program? After you enroll in a degree program the exam have to be proctored? I'm asking you to clarify because I've read on several forums that FCC will transcript the FEMA courses for a fee ($60 a credit hour I think) and then you can transfer them to another university. The option with FCC was to enroll in a degree program which would then require you to take a proctored examination. On the other hand I have heard that TESC will accept FEMA courses raw and will apply them toward free electives unless you enroll in an emergency management program. Unless things have drastically changed this is the last I've heard on both issues. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,094 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,715 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,005 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,626 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,794 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,935 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,312 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,939 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,624 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,361 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200