Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<gasp> Masters CBE options at U of Phoenix!
So, I was updating my records with University of Phoenix, I wanted to see if they still offer a BS in Environmental Science...
I came across their site and noticed they now offer relatively quick Masters (MBA, MHA, MIS) programs for about $10/11K...

The BS EVS is the only program I am intersted in at the Bachelors Level: https://www.phoenix.edu/degrees/sciences...s-evs.html
They are a cheaper/easier/faster option than some smaller non CBE based degree providers, if you can get past their reputation, this is an alright price.

CBE Link: https://www.phoenix.edu/degrees/competen...ation.html
What CBE programs are offered?

Master of Business Administration – Complete in less than 12 months and for under $10,000.
    Master of Information Systems – Complete in less than 12 months and for under $11,000.
    Master of Health Administration – Complete in less than 12 months and for under $11,000.
    Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Complete in less than 12 months and for under $10,000.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Leedeedee
Isn't University of Phoenix still NA and not RA? It may not be as important for Americans but it'd be something to keep in mind for people who are pursuing a Master's for US/Canadian immigration purposes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I noticed their CBE BSN a while ago, but what confused me is you still pay per credit, and now that I've looked closer it sounds like you're not accelerating at all (their site says you take 4 classes in a 16 week term). So you just get the benefit of a one-and-done assessment kinda thing, but no cost savings, very little acceleration potential (traditional UoPX courses are only 5-6 weeks).

If they were offering something more akin to WGU (accelerate as much as you like, flat fee per term, etc) I'd be a little more interested, since they seem to be very alt-credit friendly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • harrypotter
(03-07-2021, 06:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Isn't University of Phoenix still NA and not RA? It may not be as important for Americans but it'd be something to keep in mind for people who are pursuing a Master's for US/Canadian immigration purposes.

They’ve been RA since 78. Which surprised me - I thought they got RA in the 90s or 00s.
BABA, New England College, 2019
Well, if my old contacts are serious, UoP's coursework is among the easiest for all US schools. A buddy of mine got his MBA there (paid for by his GI Bill) and said he basically had to do some quizzes and write one 5-6 page paper per class to pull a B+/A-
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(03-07-2021, 07:28 PM)harrypotter Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 06:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Isn't University of Phoenix still NA and not RA? It may not be as important for Americans but it'd be something to keep in mind for people who are pursuing a Master's for US/Canadian immigration purposes.

They’ve been RA since 78. Which surprised me - I thought they got RA in the 90s or 00s.

Agreed. Back in the mid 2000s to early 2010s University of Phoenix was put on probation They had a huge lack of autonomy from their holding company, money laundering issues, and tried to develop themselves into a pure diploma mill with 300k students at one time. 

They recovered from probation and are rebuilding their reputation, which they badly hurt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • harrypotter

They've always been RA, as far as I know.  RA with a bad rep, but still RA (Edit: they started in 76, and became RA in 78).

Their Business degrees are also ACBSP, and the rest of their programs have good programatic accreditation as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, ss20ts
(03-08-2021, 12:24 AM)eLearner Wrote: Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.
That's pretty much how I feel too. They really messed up their reputation.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetSecret's post:
  • jch
They're RA? Huh, I could've sworn that they were NA. But, yeah, they've certainly got a terrible reputation. I'm surprised that they were able to keep their RA status with how they were acting. I don't pretend to know everything that was going on but I would agree that you shouldn't go to University of Phoenix unless you have no other choice. Even then, you should seriously reconsider.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 5 152 04-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 707 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 460 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 651 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 366 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,226 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,120 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,822 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 582 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 448 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM