Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<gasp> Masters CBE options at U of Phoenix!
(03-08-2021, 03:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: They're RA? Huh, I could've sworn that they were NA. But, yeah, they've certainly got a terrible reputation. I'm surprised that they were able to keep their RA status with how they were acting. I don't pretend to know everything that was going on but I would agree that you shouldn't go to University of Phoenix unless you have no other choice. Even then, you should seriously reconsider.

I agree. Considering how many flexible, affordable, online options there are now, there isn't really any reason to get a degree from there when you can get one cheaper from other schools that have a much better reputation.

I've known a few people who went to UPhoenix years ago on deployments using military TA when there weren't many distance options, so I don't blame them, but now there are better ways.
WGU BSIT Feb 2021 (77CU transferred in)(19/44CU )                           SANS VetSuccess Cyber Immersion Academy

RA(pre WGU)(42cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Most of them
Study.com(31cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101, CS107, CS 303, BUS 107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+
Google IT Support
Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals, AI Fundamentals, Data Fundamentals, AWS CCP
Computer Science Fundamentals MicroBachelor(3cr)
*I think I'm updated... I really need to make an Omnitranscript to track everything....
I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.
(03-08-2021, 11:03 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.

Even then, you could spin until you're dizzy and then throw a rock with a blindfold on and still hit a better school choice than the University of Phoenix.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • Muldoon, rachel83az, ss20ts
(03-08-2021, 11:42 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:03 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.

Even then, you could spin until you're dizzy and then throw a rock with a blindfold on and still hit a better school choice than the University of Phoenix.

If they were cheaper, I'd consider them for transfer credits, but that's about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-07-2021, 06:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, I was updating my records with University of Phoenix, I wanted to see if they still offer a BS in Environmental Science...
I came across their site and noticed they now offer relatively quick Masters (MBA, MHA, MIS) programs for about $10/11K...

The BS EVS is the only program I am intersted in at the Bachelors Level: https://www.phoenix.edu/degrees/sciences...s-evs.html
They are a cheaper/easier/faster option than some smaller non CBE based degree providers, if you can get past their reputation, this is an alright price.

Why are looking at a BS in environmental science?
U.S. Credits (211): University (65), Community college (54), Sophia (52), Study (15), Google (12), TEEX (11), Institutes (2)
ECTS (44): ENEB (40), LUT (2), XAMK (2)

DONE
AA, Business Administration
AAS, History AOE
Pro Cert, Google IT Support

IN PROGRESS
B, Religious Studies (NationsUniversity)
BS, Computer Science (University of the People)
MBA (Universidad Isabel I / ENEB)
I'm not, just updating my list. IF I ever wanted a freebie UOPX degree, that would be the one... and then maybe a freebie degree elsewhere might be better if I can get any freebies... I've got mixed feelings for UOPX, a few family/friends have a degree from them and even a couple of board members. Heck, it took me a while to actually get this DF member off UOPX, he went for the Associates in Business Admin (just because it has ACBSP!) and the Bachelors in Business Admin from them, I now have him working the Purdue Global MBA Exceltrack instead, otherwise he would still be with them today...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans

TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco, CompTIA, MTA | Coursera & Udacity
(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm not, just updating my list.  IF I ever wanted a freebie UOPX degree, that would be the one... and then maybe a freebie degree elsewhere might be better if I can get any freebies...  I've got mixed feelings for UOPX, a few family/friends have a degree from them and even a couple of board members.  Heck, it took me a while to actually get this DF member off UOPX, he went for the Associates in Business Admin (just because it has ACBSP!) and the Bachelors in Business Admin from them, I now have him working the Purdue Global MBA Exceltrack instead, otherwise he would still be with them today...

Okay, you're interested in it but not LOOKING at it  Tongue   

I was just curious as to why YOU would be interested in going through the work required for a BS in environmental science. I don't know how much you could transfer in, but I'm guessing you'd need to complete something like 10 major-specific courses?

I mean, I'm working on a bachelor degree in religious studies, but it's not like I am religious or looking to ever work in a field where a religious studies degree would be useful. It's just something I am interested in.
U.S. Credits (211): University (65), Community college (54), Sophia (52), Study (15), Google (12), TEEX (11), Institutes (2)
ECTS (44): ENEB (40), LUT (2), XAMK (2)

DONE
AA, Business Administration
AAS, History AOE
Pro Cert, Google IT Support

IN PROGRESS
B, Religious Studies (NationsUniversity)
BS, Computer Science (University of the People)
MBA (Universidad Isabel I / ENEB)
(03-08-2021, 12:24 AM)eLearner Wrote: Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.

Their reputation is STILL in the toilet. Many people crack jokes about the place. They really feel that it's not a real college. I don't know how they'll ever change people's minds. I don't know how they have survived considering how EXPENSIVE they are. They're waaaaaay overpriced. They have Bentley prices for a Yugo education. 
UMPI YourPace Alumni: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors 
Graduated March 2021

[-] The following 4 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • eLearner, jch, rachel83az, yrot21
(03-09-2021, 11:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 12:24 AM)eLearner Wrote: Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.

Their reputation is STILL in the toilet. Many people crack jokes about the place. They really feel that it's not a real college. I don't know how they'll ever change people's minds. I don't know how they have survived considering how EXPENSIVE they are. They're waaaaaay overpriced. They have Bentley prices for a Yugo education. 

Them and DeVry. You'd think they would have learned to take the predatory pricing down a notch or three after all the negative attention. But no.
I came across this degree again today (an ad) and I was trying to figure out how exactly this is a CBE program?!? I mean, it screams regular old degree to me.

I feel like they created these 4 "CBE" degrees just to have that on their website when people searched for those words, and weren't sure what a CBE degree was. To sucker them in...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any sources for inexpensive/nontraditional masters-level social work classes? studyingfortests 4 138 06-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Names of a Masters MBA-Leadership VS MBA ashkir 6 252 06-14-2021, 11:48 AM
Last Post: collegechick
  Cheapest Masters in Communications? collegechick 7 356 06-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post: collegechick
  Masters in Criminal Justice Transfer Credits newdegree 10 697 06-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Professional Studies Masters BethB 7 393 06-07-2021, 08:23 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Snhu Vs Eastern University Online Masters saturn366 2 199 06-04-2021, 12:16 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Exclamation Masters help I hate writing papers angellicarob 19 2,099 05-14-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Masters in Education Secondary Math Giantzebra 3 179 04-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I got into Georgia Tech's Masters in Computer Science - Online (OMSCS)! camjenks 13 883 04-22-2021, 11:23 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  Masters that Accepts transfer credits BethB 3 412 04-13-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Alpha