Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graduate ACE credits
The credits for TESU's MLS don't have to be liberal arts. They have a concentration that is Online Learning and Teaching. At the undergraduate level, you wouldn't be able to use education credits towards the liberal studies degree, but their graduate program in MLS is more professionally-focused. They have a learner-designed area of study that might allow you to create an education concentration with a different focus such as science, humanities, or social science education.

Online Learning and Teaching Area of Study
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Learner-Designed Area of Study
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Three of the Learner.org courses are coded as natural sciences.

Without looking, I thought they were different courses but all shared the same course number, making them duplicates?
cookderosa Wrote:Without looking, I thought they were different courses but all shared the same course number, making them duplicates?

All of the other courses are EDUC 591C. I think this is similar to how TESU will label all different kinds of courses in a subject area COM-199, CIS-299, AOJ 499, etc. when they don't have specific equivalents, but they don't duplicate each other.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:All of the other courses are EDUC 591C. I think this is similar to how TESU will label all different kinds of courses in a subject area COM-199, CIS-299, AOJ 499, etc. when they don't have specific equivalents, but they don't duplicate each other.

That would be great. I think a few years back we had a thread about this, I'm too tired to look it up now, but I don't remember anyone every testing this.
sanantone Wrote:The credits for TESU's MLS don't have to be liberal arts. They have a concentration that is Online Learning and Teaching. At the undergraduate level, you wouldn't be able to use education credits towards the liberal studies degree, but their graduate program in MLS is more professionally-focused. They have a learner-designed area of study that might allow you to create an education concentration with a different focus such as science, humanities, or social science education.

Online Learning and Teaching Area of Study
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Learner-Designed Area of Study

I don't know how I even stumbled upon TESU's MALS. I hadn't considered TESU for a graduate degree. However, when I saw the MALS, it sounded like an interesting and perhaps less expensive way to get credentials for adjunct teaching. This online learning & teaching area of study is especially interesting.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
Not liberal arts but I did find some graduate business exams that are ACE accredited a while ago.
American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters:

Personal Risk Management and Property-Casualty Insurance (CPCU 555-G) until 12/31/2016 - 3 graduate credits
Risk Assessment and Treatment (ARM 55-G) Until 12/31/2016 - 3 graduate credits
Risk Financing (ARM 56-G) until 12/31/2016 - 3 graduate credits
Risk Management Principles and Practices (ARM 54-GSmile Until 12/31/2016 - 3 graduate credits

There are 2 versions, one is undergraduate and one is graduate. I'm not sure if they're the same exam, and you have to get 80% to get graduate credit or if you have to request a different version of the exam. These 12 credits might go nicely into a TESU MS Management? (subject to TESU acceptance)

The Institutes seem to have let most of their ACE accreditation slip and not getting their courses re-accredited, so it might be that they're only available this year.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,191 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 887 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,184 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,473 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Strategies to aquire 18 credits and teach jb111 5 389 02-05-2024, 02:00 AM
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,542 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM