Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gre psych credits banked
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can bank your psych gre credits at excelsior and transfer them to say tesc?
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
I was under the impression that TESC lets us set up a credit bank for this purpose i.e. GRE and FEMA. I would personally ask an advisor since most of TESC's rules have changed fromlast year.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
originalbigjim Wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows if you can bank your psych gre credits at excelsior and transfer them to say tesc?
Great question. I was thinking the same thing an number of years ago with respect to COSC. Both they and Excelsior accepted the subject GREs, but COSC awarded far less credit (for a far lower score, it must be said). So, as you suggest, get Excelsior to award 30 semester hours, with 18 of that 30 in the upper division, then change colleges and look to the new college to accept them.

As I recall it, when I put this clearly wonderful idea to COSC, they said no (after they finally stopped laughing). Of course, as you imply, it is immaterial whether the receiving institution awards credit for the subject GRE or not (only Excelsior, COSC, and ESC do/did), what matters is will they accept credit hours from another RA institution, at face value?

Lawrie Miller
Who earned 60 semester hours (36 of them upper division) from the Psych GRE and the PoliSci GRE, in a total of 5 hours and 40 minutes, for under $240. AND SO CAN YOU! (not with the PoliSci GRE though, since it when belly-up. Sic transit gloria mundi).
Lawrie Miller Wrote:Great question. I was thinking the same thing an number of years ago with respect to COSC. Both they and Excelsior accepted the subject GREs, but COSC awarded far less credit (for a far lower score, it must be said). So, as you suggest, get Excelsior to award 30 semester hours, with 18 of that 30 in the upper division, then change colleges and look to the new college to accept them.

As I recall it, when I put this clearly wonderful idea to COSC, they said no (after they finally stopped laughing). Of course, as you imply, it is immaterial whether the receiving institution awards credit for the subject GRE or not (only Excelsior, COSC, and ESC do/did), what matters is will they accept credit hours from another RA institution, at face value?

Lawrie Miller
Who earned 60 semester hours (36 of them upper division) from the Psych GRE and the PoliSci GRE, in a total of 5 hours and 40 minutes, for under $240. AND SO CAN YOU! (not with the PoliSci GRE though, since it when belly-up. Sic transit gloria mundi).
>>

I think this might be a challenge because it is essentially "credit laundering." For example- let's say you earn 6 English credits using CLEP and are a student at TESC. They transcript your credits and everything is fine. If you transfer to EC, you won't get to keep your English comp credits because they are not TESC English credits, they are still CLEP credits. I would think it is the same situation- because you have an "in house" policy for accepting credits- not the same as if EC taught the class. (this is only my best guess- I would be interested to hear how this goes when someone asks an adviser)

P.S. Lawrie- you were a big inspiration to me, I am excited to see you on this board!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BA PSYCH AOS? Mab81 1 1,255 09-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,220 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,577 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,358 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,769 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,410 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,595 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family