Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guided vs online tesu capstone
hi

i was looking to get into the October term online capstone, but looks like its full. if i want to grad in March, my only other option looks to be  guided. i'm still not clear on how it works. is the guided capstone online as well, but just works at a slower pace ?
I did the GS version, there is more work than the online in that the weekly discussions are longer than a couple of posts might be. BUT, it is not a terrible trade-off, especially if you can graduate 3 months earlier. I'd do it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
do the costs differ?
(09-15-2018, 09:50 PM)Supermind Wrote: do the costs differ?

Exactly the same price.

Online would be my first choice, but GS isn't a bad choice.  Just 2nd best.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-15-2018, 08:58 PM)shendaddy Wrote: hi

i was looking to get into the October term online capstone, but looks like its full. if i want to grad in March, my only other option looks to be  guided. i'm still not clear on how it works. is the guided capstone online as well, but just works at a slower pace ?

Even if the course is displayed as full, you can still call TESU to see if they will still take you. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes peacel's post:
  • TacticalTechie
(09-15-2018, 08:58 PM)shendaddy Wrote: hi

In addition to what the others have already said about alternate options, technically you can still graduate in March if you take the November capstone. Per the graduation schedule, if your last class begins in September, October, or November you're still eligible for March graduation. From my understanding, you just need to apply by Jan 1st and have all your transfer credits into TESU by Feb 1st. As long as they are aware of your schedule they should be able to make things work.

I'm also aiming for a March graduation and will be taking the November capstone. I'm prepared to slip to June though if things end up going sideways. If that happens, I'll probably end up adding a second AOS.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Online has blog posts to make. Guided study has extra written assignments instead. Otherwise they are the same.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
GS is not that bad doing it right now. I dont think its more writing both the GS and the online study have 5 written assignments, the assignments just have more weight in the GS. If anything its less wirting cause you dont have to write those online discussions, just the 5 assginments and the capstone.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

What do the extra five written assignments look like though? The forum posts are mindless, five minute posts that guarantee you points. As long as you post something, the required number of posts and on time, it's guaranteed points. I'm not saying that to discourage you from GS. I would go more off who the professor is than the format.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
There is no 'extra' both have 5 written assignments, its just in the GS the written assignments and capstone are given more weight on your final score. Its less writing for the GS each assignment is just worth more marks.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,206 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,323 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,818 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore