Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Math/Quantitative Literacy at TESU
I'm going for a BSBA at TESU and there are two math requirements. One is Quantitative Literacy and the other is Mathematics. I've already taken a 4 credit Statistics course at a Community college four years ago. That counts for one of the requirements, the math one, but now I need either quantitative literacy or college algebra.

How do I meet the other? I originally thought I had to take College Algebra but I realized I might have other options. Is there any other way I could meet this requirement? I found study.com's Quantitative Literacy course. Anything else? The college math CLEP? The math for liberal arts DSST? Business math DSST? Some sort of geometry? Anything else? I can do math and I'm not bad at it but for some reason, I just can't seem to master algebra.
@natshar the best way to master algebra is to practice man. Just practice. If you are bad at math I cant recommend Aleks enough.

If you need to do college Algebra do the course on Sophia, its very high quality.

Others will recommend a lot of other courses to you but there is no reason to fear math. You must just embrace it and practice.

Trigonometry and College Algebra have a lot of overlap. You should do College Algebra first. Or if you really need the practice there is nothing wrong with paying your 20 bucks for aleks intermediate algebra even if its not for credit, you will feel good when you finally pass College Algebra.

Besides practice, the other thing reason you are 'bad at algebra' is because you missed a gap somewhere. Look at this play list here, start at video 1 and move along, it may seem too low a point to start but by the time you finish then do intermediate algebra at Aleks you will be able to take on college algebra, trig, precalc and whatever else easily.

Start with this here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...A07684B937
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Sapientes
Aleks college algebra is very good. I did almost 90% of the course on Edx, as part of Global Freshman Academy. I did not complete the exam though.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Sapientes
(12-27-2018, 01:33 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Start with this here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...A07684B937

This is a GREAT resource for learning Algebra!  I went through a couple of videos on functions and was really impressed. That subject seems to trip a lot of people up. It did a really good job of explaining not just the "how" but the "why". I don't know how you find this stuff but thank you for passing it along.
there's a TECEP for Liberal Arts Math that will prob satisfy the requirement, if you're interested in doing it that way
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(12-28-2018, 06:08 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: there's a TECEP for Liberal Arts Math that will prob satisfy the requirement, if you're interested in doing it that way

It won't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-28-2018, 06:08 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: there's a TECEP for Liberal Arts Math that will prob satisfy the requirement, if you're interested in doing it that way

The BSBA requires College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis. Liberal Arts Math will not work.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
OP, you need two courses: Either College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis, and you need to get a Statistics course.
First, you can try to get both of the courses through ALEKS at $20/month and CLEP/DSST would be another option.
If you're into using ACE/NCCRS and/or live far from a test location, you can either go StraighterLine or Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-28-2018, 06:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP, you need two courses: Either College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis, and you need to get a Statistics course.
First, you can try to get both of the courses through ALEKS at $20/month and CLEP/DSST would be another option.
If you're into using ACE/NCCRS and/or live far from a test location, you can either go StraighterLine or Study.com

I already have statistics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,331 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27