Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long does TESU keep your credits ?
i mean, if i wanna use TESU as a credit bank, and just dump everything i've done - and what i will be doing in the future.

how long will they keep everything before i need to 'use' them for a degree?

i was thinking to sign up as a student now, transfer everything i've done inside, and continue taking stuff outside and keep transferring them into TESU.

is this even possible? I know most threads i've read here, people make plans to complete everything then apply into TESU to finish the capstone and graduate.

wondering if it's possible to do it the other way, and if there's any extra cost involved.
TESU should keep your credits on file indefinitely, although if you never actually enroll by taking something, there might be a point where they stop doing so. The issue you will run into is that they will only do two evaluations of credit before you become enrolled, so you can't just keep sending stuff as an accepted student. Happily, it's not hard to get and maintain enrollment, and that's what I usually recommend people do.

Go ahead and apply, then take a $75 TECEP. There are plenty of them so you can find some that will fit into your degree plan, and their price is competitive with other alternative credit. Keep taking one once a year to maintain enrollment until you are ready to take your capstone and graduate. Easy.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-31-2018, 08:58 AM)nyvrem Wrote: i mean, if i wanna use TESU as a credit bank, and just dump everything i've done - and what i will be doing in the future.

how long will they keep everything before i need to 'use' them for a degree?

i was thinking to sign up as a student now, transfer everything i've done inside, and continue taking stuff outside and keep transferring them into TESU.

is this even possible? I know most threads i've read here, people make plans to complete everything then apply into TESU to finish the capstone and graduate.

wondering if it's possible to do it the other way, and if there's any extra cost involved.

Many people apply transfer in what they already have and then take their time to finish.  I suspect more may do that that earn everything other than the capstone before applying.  It used to be common because you could waive the cornerstone with 104 credits transferred in (at time of applying), you can't do that anymore - so why wait to apply and transfer in the credits.

Most people like to know where they stand officially with the credits they already have. We don't all end up with the degree we initially planned on originally - I know I was going for a BSTS, ended up with a BSBA and a ASNSM CS (my existing credits didn't transfer in as I had hoped for the BSTS).  I've been completing and transferring in ever since; locked in my catalog by becoming enrolled with a last minute attempted TECEP (last round of when you could test out of the BSBA Capstone - not an option anymore), and transferred in a few UL credits that are no longer UL all - worked out simply because I did transfer them in as I earned them. What may be a TESU equivalence today may not be the same TESU equivalent tomorrow (that is my motto, falls in line with the "a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow" expect with UL/LL thinking).  There are people here who have been enrolled with TESU for many years; they'll finish when they finish (as time and money allow) - the important thing is that they will finish.

Now, if you're talking about a true credit bank (meaning to use the credits at another school at some later time, that is something completely different) and may not work the way you think it would.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 585 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 473 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,788 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,507 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy