Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intro to IT
Hey everyone. From what I’ve read on the comp sci wiki, intro to IT from Sophia is suppose to transfer over to TESU? I sent over my transcript with 9 courses and unless I’m completely missing it, there’s only 8 - I don’t see intro to IT on there. Did they forget to transfer it over or… was that on purpose? I was hoping it would cover my second science or at the very least count as an elective. Do they not accept that class anymore? Or did I just misunderstand the wiki?
(03-22-2023, 07:57 PM)techmama Wrote: I don’t see intro to IT on there.

It's still on the transfer list: Western Governors University (wgu.edu)
You should be able to contact your enrollment counselor to have it added. Best of luck!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
Can you share a screenshot of your evaluation? Remove your personal info at the top but include the notes at the bottom.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-22-2023, 08:30 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 07:57 PM)techmama Wrote: I don’t see intro to IT on there.

It's still on the transfer list: Western Governors University (wgu.edu)
You should be able to contact your enrollment counselor to have it added. Best of luck!

I think they're asking for TESU instead of WGU. And I think what's happening right now is that the entire evaluation isn't complete yet. OP, did you get an email indicating that they've evaluated your academic info? Usually they would have that completed a day or two before they email you. If you haven't received an email, most likely they've not completed that initial evaluation and you just need to wait. I also suggest having a screenshot of everything from you evaluation except for the personal info at the top of the page.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good news everyone… an advisor emailed me back. They somehow just missed the course. so my evaluation has been updated again. They placed it as CIS-107 in AOS electives group 2. So now I need a second science. I’ve taken earth and the environment… I’m thinking biology at Sophia would be the easiest class to fulfill that category?
(03-23-2023, 01:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Can you share a screenshot of your evaluation? Remove your personal info at the top but include the notes at the bottom.

So no worries. An advisor emailed me back. They somehow just missed the course. so my evaluation has been updated again. They placed it as CIS-107 in AOS electives group 2.
(03-23-2023, 03:06 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think they're asking for TESU instead of WGU.

Thank you for pointing out my bizarre mix-up!

techmama Wrote:Good news everyone…

Congrats for getting it straightened out quickly!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Critical Reasoning - TESU course Kones 10 758 10-19-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Sophia Intro to Networking Transfer Niketay 11 996 08-03-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Intro to Programming techmama 17 1,606 03-28-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: techmama
  Computer Science 105 - Intro to Operating Systems davidtpb 5 676 03-25-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  cos-111 intro to programming techmama 1 357 03-11-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 577 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  Sophia Intro to Nutrition Insert Name 15 1,948 11-14-2022, 12:09 PM
  PHI 180 Intro to Ethics - disappeared! thecontrarian 3 775 08-28-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Where to put Intro to Bus in Degree Plan? k-k-k-katy 18 1,876 05-05-2021, 09:09 AM
  Intro to Mass Communications II equivalency? jubejuju 4 663 03-06-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: jubejuju