Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is 60 on peterson's test good enough to pass intro to sociology clep?
I have scored 60, 59, and 60 on the 3 the Peterson's intro to sociology practice tests and I take my sociology clep tomorrow. I'm kind of freaking out thinking that I'm not ready for it. Should I postpone it until I can get a better score on the Peterson's tests? Or should I expect to pass tomorrow with these kinds of scores on the peterson's?
For most tests peterson's is harder than the real thing, so you're probably good to go. I didn't take the practice test for that one so I can't say from experience. Relax and have confidence in yourself. Knock 'em out!
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]B.A. in Psychology from TESC in 9 months
My degree plan: http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...elp-2.html
It's difficult to correlate one test with the other. I remember Peterson's having a much different flavor of question than the CLEP Sociology.

The best advice I can give you is to not try too hard to know the correct answer. Yeah, I know, my advice is really confusing! What I mean is, I have never in my life ever seen a test that is more based upon test-taking skills than on actual knowledge of the subject than the CLEP Sociology. My Peterson's scores were in the high 70's before I had even opened my first ever Sociology book! I'm not saying don't study, in fact, I encourage you to study thoroughly. Rather, I am talking about your attitude during the test.

If you know how to

1) eliminate incorrect answers to guess on the remaining options
2) decipher the meaning of unknown terms (for example, "dramaturgical" contains the word "drama," which, in context, would make it easy to figure out if it was a correct answer)
3) "use the test to take the test"

Then you will pass, even without studying. If you prepare properly, and don't let nerves get in the way, you will do extremely well with your knowledge plus the abilities above.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

I have been studying for this test for close to a month now. I am having a hard time trying to remember what each Sociologist is infamous for. I've taken a few of the practice test in the REA and scored with a pass, not a high pass but a pass.

I test out on Wed. To the initial poster. Please provide feedback on your test. I would greatly appreciate it!
Tiany1963 Wrote:I have been studying for this test for close to a month now. I am having a hard time trying to remember what each Sociologist is infamous for. I've taken a few of the practice test in the REA and scored with a pass, not a high pass but a pass.

I test out on Wed. To the initial poster. Please provide feedback on your test. I would greatly appreciate it!
Karl Marx is famous for Marxism :p
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

How did you do?
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,415 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,802 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,263 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,045 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z