Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just completed CCAF requirements, what next?
I just passed my last clep towards my CCAF in "Avionic Systems Technology" and want to start working on my bachelors. Ive got 75 total credits from my military training and 21 credits from CLEPs/DSSTs for a total of 96 credits.

I was thinking about either Excelsior or TESC and was wondering if anyone with my same CCAF knows how many of my credits they'll accept.

Im not too concerned with what my bachelors is in if one program will accept more of my credits than another. If they all accept the same, then i would like it to be in something like Criminal Justice or Phsycology.

Should i just send a copy of my transcript to each school to see what they say, or try to figure out on my own what cleps ill need and start taking them now?
Knowbody has anything to say?

How about i simplify my question.

Should I send my military transcript to Excelsior and TESC to see what credits they'll give me even though I dont plan on enroling yet, or should I just start taking CLEPs/DSSTs that I think should transfer over to most bachelor degree programs for now?
I think you can wait six months after evaluation to enroll without paying another $75 fee, so I'd just get an evaluation. I'd personally figure out which college I would attend before getting the evaluation so I'd only have to pay one fee. Just a note, you'll probably also have to send the CLEP and DSST transcripts separately, so keep that in mind.
Excelsior has the Category 1 AU-ABC partnership which says they will take all 60 credits from your CCAF degree and apply it towards a bachelors. It only applies to very broad degree programs like a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies. For Avionics, 1A3XX that’s the only degree Excelsior will guarantee all 60 will be applied.

To look it up, go to the AF Portal, the AFVEC, and then AU ABC program. Then Select your AFSC.

I would search around these forums, see what credits you have and do your own determination of what TESC/EC would accept if you want a degree in Psychology or Criminal Justice. It’s most likely going to be less than the Liberal Studies program. Also, if you were to just send in your transcripts, you would need to tell them what degree you wanted your evaluation for.

Unfortunately a lot of those military credits may not be applicable outside of the free electives; it varies by degree of course.

I would decide on your degree, and start knocking out the tests.
Done:

Excelsior: Bachelor of Science Business
Associate Aviation Mx Tech CCAF
Associate Healthcare Management CCAF

CLEP: A&I Lit, Freshman College Comp, Info Sys and Comp Apps, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics
DSST: Management Information Systems, Intro to Law Enforcement, Intro to Computing, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision, Technical Writing, Environment and Humanity, Organizational Behavior
EC: Info Lit, Internet Programming, Bus Law, Bus Ethics, Bus Strategy, Principles of Finance, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Ops Mgmt
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: A&P I, Accounting I, Accounting II, Bus Com, English Comp I, Microeconomics
SLU: Global Perspective, College Mathematics
BYU: Public Speaking
PF: Art App, Music App
FEMA PDS
73 Military
Total 194
I have the same degree, I am a 2A573A by trade, and I did quite a bit of research before I finally decided on a school. When you are researching school, just about any school will take your unofficial transcripts and do a free assessment toward a degree program. Once they complete the assessment, they will tell you how many credits will be xfered, and what classes the transferred credits will satisfy. This will also let you know how many credits and classes you need. There is nothing wrong with shopping for schools. I was shopping 7 differenc online schools at the same time, and it took me 2 months to make my final decision. mtbkr02 is correct about the AU/ABC Cat 1 degrees mostly being broad. Usually, it will be a General degree, like Management, and not really specialized, like Management in Sports and Recreation. So, take some time and really shop your options.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,130 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,094 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,792 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,139 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,746 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,192 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,712 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,240 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE