Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
least expensive AACSB accredited doctorate in US or internationally?
Thumbs Up 
I am wondering what the least expensive AACSB accredited PHD or DBA program is in the US which is possible to obtain while working full time? I would need a limited residency or online program. I am not able to attend a full time program due to needing to work to support my family. 

The least expensive program I could find matching this description is the Bryan School of Business PHD in Business Administration that is online with some limited residencies. If you are not an NC resident like myself, The program costs just over $50k which is expensive, but, it is the least expensive program in the US that is AACSB accredited.

What other international doctoral distance learning programs are AACSB accredited? I know there are several programs in the UK that are AACSB accredited and I believe they are close to the price of Bryan School of Business UNCG. In particular, I am looking at the Aston DBA program.

I know Grenoble is I believe about the same price around $50-60k. 

Any other AACSB international programs with limited travel requirements referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
[-] The following 1 user Likes EducationSeeker's post:
  • Imbanewbie
(05-27-2022, 12:10 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am wondering what the least expensive AACSB accredited PHD or DBA program is in the US which is possible to obtain while working full time? I would need a limited residency or online program. I am not able to attend a full time program due to needing to work to support my family. 

The least expensive program I could find matching this description is the Bryan School of Business PHD in Business Administration that is online with some limited residencies. If you are not an NC resident like myself, The program costs just over $50k which is expensive, but, it is the least expensive program in the US that is AACSB accredited.

What other international doctoral distance learning programs are AACSB accredited? I know there are several programs in the UK that are AACSB accredited and I believe they are close to the price of Bryan School of Business UNCG. In particular, I am looking at the Aston DBA program.

I know Grenoble is I believe about the same price around $50-60k. 

Any other AACSB international programs with limited travel requirements referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
Marshall University DBA tuition around 57k. Limited residence requirement.
West Virginia University DBA in accounting around 60k and there is no traveling. WVU is probably the best in terms of balance of tuition and reputation. I will be starting with this program in the Fall.
For someone who does not mind paying over 100k, University of Pittsburgh DBA is probably the best ranked one. I was admitted to the program but have decided not to enroll due to cost.
I've looked at the Aston DBA as well, here are the costs: https://studyonline.aston.ac.uk/fees-funding
Are you only looking for AACSB?  Will ACBSP work?  BTW, they're triple accredited if that matters to you.
There are other DBA/PHD programs listed in the Grad Sub Forum if you do a search, many are ACBSP.
You may want to skim through the Graduate forum as I have a thread in regards to Aston: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-MBA-More
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
@Life Learner

Is the WVU DBA program only focused on Accounting or can you focus on other concentrations? My interest would be on Organizational Development, Organizational Communications, or Executive Coaching.

Since I live in the Youngstown, OH area, both programs would be close for any potential residencies within 2-4 or so hour drive of my home. 

I found this ranking of the 20 cheapest DBA programs in the USA if it is of interest.

https://www.bestcollegesonline.org/most-...istration/

Thank you,

Education Seeker
(06-03-2022, 06:23 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @Life Learner

Is the WVU DBA program only focused on Accounting or can you focus on other concentrations? My interest would be on Organizational Development, Organizational Communications, or Executive Coaching.

Since I live in the Youngstown, OH area, both programs would be close for any potential residencies within 2-4 or so hour drive of my home. 

I found this ranking of the 20 cheapest DBA programs in the USA if it is of interest.

https://www.bestcollegesonline.org/most-...istration/

Thank you,

Education Seeker

For this year, the WVU DBA program is only for accounting. They have plan to add other concentrations so please keep an eye on their website. If you want to start a program soon, it seems University of North Carolina Greensboro online PhD could be a good fit as they have a concentration in organizational behavior. If I recall correctly, cost is just around 45k.
@Education Seeker, I'm going to clean up the "quotes" as they've triplicated, I also have one question...
Are you going for those AACSB DBA programs that is entirely online and do NOT have any residencies?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-04-2022, 02:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Education Seeker, I'm going to clean up the "quotes" as they've triplicated, I also have one question...
Are you going for those AACSB DBA programs that is entirely online and do NOT have any residencies?

@bjcheung77, I am looking at both online (ideally) or DBA or PHD programs that some limited residencies. For programs with limited residencies, the locations of East Coast, Midwest, or Southeastern US would be ideal.

Education Seeker
Does the degree name actually need to have "Business"? If not Univ of the Cumberlands has Ph.D. in IT, which is basically a business degree. It's not AACSB accredited, but the school does have regional accreditation. I think it's only $1,500 per course.
(06-08-2022, 12:58 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Does the degree name actually need to have "Business"? If not Univ of the Cumberlands has Ph.D. in IT, which is basically a business degree. It's not AACSB accredited, but the school does have regional accreditation. I think it's only $1,500 per course.

University of Cumberlands actually also have a online PhD in business. I am admitted by that program but have decided to go with VWU due to AACSB and reputation. Even for non research teaching position, the difference in pay between AACSB and non AACSB is huge.
[-] The following 2 users Like life_learner's post:
  • Ideas, Pikachu
(06-08-2022, 05:52 AM)life_learner Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 12:58 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Does the degree name actually need to have "Business"? If not Univ of the Cumberlands has Ph.D. in IT, which is basically a business degree. It's not AACSB accredited, but the school does have regional accreditation. I think it's only $1,500 per course.

University of Cumberlands actually also have a online PhD in business. I am admitted by that program but have decided to go with VWU due to AACSB and reputation. Even for non research teaching position, the difference in pay between AACSB and non AACSB is huge.

@Ifomonay - Do you mean West Virginia University (WVU no VWU) DBA with a focus in Accounting? Or, did you mean Virginia Wesleyan University (VWU)? Virginia Wesleyan does not appear to have a doctorate program.

Education Seeker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 128 16,933 04-11-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 1,973 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 451 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 1,080 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 794 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,910 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 926 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 489 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Least Expensive Doctorates in Psychology, Counseling, or Other Mental Health fields eLearner 12 1,045 01-21-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Accredited & Recognized DBA - Under $20K USD - Recommendations Please aymanfouadlive 5 706 01-08-2024, 01:14 AM