Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
list of available accounting courses
Question 
I'm trying to meet the educational requirements for the CPA exam in my state before graduating. I am short one lower level accounting course. I would like to avoid the Federal Income Taxation course at TESU, but could take it if I had to.

Financial Accounting I
Intro to Managerial Accounting
Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Managerial Accounting
Cost Accounting
Advanced Accounting

I think they will accept the course if it posts to TESU as a unique course, but the educational review will be a bit of a wild card and I may have to pay Excelsior for the credit review. I thought I saw an 'Accounting 100' course or something somewhere, but it might just be my imagination. Any accounting course different from the above would work. I am thinking about taking one of the courses at CSU Global, but was curious about other suggestions.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(12-28-2019, 02:22 PM)udi Wrote: I'm trying to meet the educational requirements for the CPA exam in my state before graduating. I am short one lower level accounting course. I would like to avoid the Federal Income Taxation course at TESU, but could take it if I had to.

Financial Accounting I
Intro to Managerial Accounting
Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Managerial Accounting
Cost Accounting
Advanced Accounting

I think they will accept the course if it posts to TESU as a unique course, but the educational review will be a bit of a wild card and I may have to pay Excelsior for the credit review. I thought I saw an 'Accounting 100' course or something somewhere, but it might just be my imagination. Any accounting course different from the above would work. I am thinking about taking one of the courses at CSU Global, but was curious about other suggestions.

Federal Income Taxation at TESU is also available as a tecep. Looks the same on the transcript except for it will be pass/fail grading. I'm pretty sure there are other accounting Teceps as well.
Nothing LL.

ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting (>>ACC-301) at Study.com
ACC211: Computer Applications in Accounting (??) at Penn Foster

CSU-Global if possible

Univ of Northern Alabama Accounting Career Completion Program ($545/course)
AC361P: Financial Reporting I
AC362P: Financial Reporting II
AC363P: Financial Reporting III
AC462P: Federal Income Taxation I
AC465P: Federal Income Taxation II
AC463P: Financial Statement Auditing I
AC467P: Financial Statement Auditing II
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I forgot about Penn Foster. They just might save the day. Thanks!
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Oakton Community College has a bunch of them. It's just under $500/course

https://www.oakton.edu/academics/distanc...g#listings

The Income Tax TECEP is half the price, and its open book, so I recommend that one. I got a 69% on it, all I did to "study" was read the info here that the others described when they took this test. I completed it in about an hour and a half (you get 3 hours) I'm a fast test taker though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • udi
UAF has a few LL accounting courses at a special discounted rate of $650 incl fees. (UL courses are at regular online rate)

https://ecampus.uaf.edu/courses/
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

(12-30-2019, 09:51 PM)Yanji Wrote: UAF has a few LL accounting courses at a special discounted rate of $650 incl fees. (UL courses are at regular online rate)

First post I've seen that's referenced UAF other than my own.  Did you attend the school or live in Fairbanks? I attended B&M classes there for 2 years.  

Another option you could look into is UOPX.  They have a lot of online options, and from what I've seen they have quite a few accelerated classes (5 weeks).  This could be a good option if time is of the essence.  

Best of luck.
(01-05-2020, 04:48 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 09:51 PM)Yanji Wrote: UAF has a few LL accounting courses at a special discounted rate of $650 incl fees. (UL courses are at regular online rate)

First post I've seen that's referenced UAF other than my own.  Did you attend the school or live in Fairbanks? I attended B&M classes there for 2 years.  

Another option you could look into is UOPX.  They have a lot of online options, and from what I've seen they have quite a few accelerated classes (5 weeks).  This could be a good option if time is of the essence.  

Best of luck.

Nah, I know about UAF's online offerings due to having taken a course there out of general interest. The UA system has a pretty decent online catalog, which makes sense when you think about Alaska. If I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely consider them as a degree completion option.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,517 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,545 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 697 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 412 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn