Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"married" to a blackberry
All kidding aside, what do you do with a guy who doesn't know when to put his phone down? (no, thank God, I'm not referring to my fiance)
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Try to only do activities with him that involve water, you know swimming, a walk in the rain (without an umbrella), boating . . . oh wait all kidding aside, um a. . . maybe make an agreement with him to both not use your phone when you're together.
"If you don't want to really be here - then neither do I.":toetap:
M.
Mom of 11

Graduated 6, still home educating 5

Credits from CC classes:
eng 1113 freshman comp 1
eng comp 2
pos 1113 american fed gov't (political sci.)
spa 1103 spanish 1
bio 2123 human ecology
his 1493 american history civil war era - present
phi 1113 intro to philosophy
soc 1113 intro to sociology
total credits 24 hours
gpa 3.12

Well you can find a place to meet where there is no cell phone reception.

If its in a work environment just ask him to ignore it while speaking to you because you dont want to compete with it.

Have any more details you can share?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Pending Graduation at Excelsior University BSBA!

Earned 91 credits through CLEP / DSST in 90 days. If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!
purpleteen Wrote:All kidding aside, what do you do with a guy who doesn't know when to put his phone down? (no, thank God, I'm not referring to my fiance)

...I've never even owned a cell phone, so..... hilarious
cookderosa Wrote:...I've never even owned a cell phone, so..... hilarious
Cell phones now are 1% phone, 99% gadgets, apps, and usually some extra junk stuff. hilarious
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
If someone is constantly on the Blackberry, there may be a good and legitimate reason. If you're dating a senior executive that pulls in the big bucks, there is a pretty high probability that he may not be able to totally put down the Blackberry. Some execs that are highly compensated may make tons of money, but from what I've seen, they are literally on email all of the time. It's an expectation of their job.

DH and I are not executives, but we're both are addicted to work emails, though on iPhone not Blackberry Wink

We annoy each other, but since we're both in sales, sometimes the emails can directly relate to our family revenue. We just ask each other how important the email is and that's what we go by. If I'm on an email and I'm working a deal that's about to close, the email takes priority. If I'm working an email just to keep my inbox clean, then I shouldn't do it. That's the general rule. DH and I will also give each other warnings when we're working on something important. He knows when I'm in the middle of major contract negotiations and therefore isn't upset when there is an evening that I'm checking the iPhone more frequently.

Of course there may be other situations that you need to be mindful of. Perhaps your significant other has been in trouble at work and wants to give the impression that he's a more dedicated employee by showing that he's working late into the evening. Maybe there is a huge project due and your boyfriend's prompt input is crucial. If others involved in the project are asking for feedback at 9:00pm, he may HAVE to respond or risk facing the wrath of the group or perhaps even face other repercussions.

I guess my point is, evaluate the situation. Often, the email checking is not necessary, but if I were single and dating someone that asked me to choose between the iPhone and the relationship, that would not be a tough choice. (ha ha yes my iPhone would win!) However, if someone asked me to only respond to the very most necessary emails, I would happily oblige.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:If someone is constantly on the Blackberry, there may be a good and legitimate reason. If you're dating a senior executive that pulls in the big bucks, there is a pretty high probability that he may not be able to totally put down the Blackberry. Some execs that are highly compensated may make tons of money, but from what I've seen, they are literally on email all of the time.

This person is not an executive. He doesnt even have a job. It's just something he likes to do...all the time. Even at the supper table. It's just annoying to see him sitting there on his phone while everyone is sitting and talking.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
purpleteen Wrote:This person is not an executive. He doesnt even have a job. It's just something he likes to do...all the time. Even at the supper table. It's just annoying to see him sitting there on his phone while everyone is sitting and talking.

Either he's checking to see if job offers have come in, loves himself too much, or doesn't really care or doesn't interest him to be around family/anti-social. You need to set the House rules.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Either he's checking to see if job offers have come in, loves himself too much, or doesn't really care or doesn't interest him to be around family/anti-social. You need to set the House rules.

:iagree:

LOL.. tell him you'll put up with the Blackberry once he has a job Wink
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone hange their name without getting married? Katzepatra 1 646 02-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Last Post: mrs.b