Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
max evaluations
(04-16-2023, 08:44 PM)techmama Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 08:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I will never tell someone to take a SL course, I hated them - awful.  Plus expensive.

Go to Saylor, it's free to take the courses, and $5 to take a final exam.  I'd take one, see if you can pass, if you fail, take the other one, and if you fail that, I'd prob take the actual course of the one you got the higher score on and retake the final.  Make sure you take the Direct Credit Final Exam.

If you still have time left on your monthly membership at SDC, you could take that course.  If you still have time on Sophia, they are supposed to come out with American Gov any day now, so you could take that.

But honestly, Saylor is a great cheap option.
Hmmm maybe I’ll hold off and wait for Sophia. Where can I keep up to date with when American gov will come out on Sophia? Any day now like within a week or a month?

Their website is the only way to know for sure.  I'd check a couple of times per day.  (I mean, I personally would take the Saylor exams first, but if you're set on Sophia, then that's the only way).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-16-2023, 10:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 08:44 PM)techmama Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 08:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I will never tell someone to take a SL course, I hated them - awful.  Plus expensive.

Go to Saylor, it's free to take the courses, and $5 to take a final exam.  I'd take one, see if you can pass, if you fail, take the other one, and if you fail that, I'd prob take the actual course of the one you got the higher score on and retake the final.  Make sure you take the Direct Credit Final Exam.

If you still have time left on your monthly membership at SDC, you could take that course.  If you still have time on Sophia, they are supposed to come out with American Gov any day now, so you could take that.

Hmmm maybe I’ll hold off and wait for Sophia. Where can I keep up to date with when American gov will come out on Sophia? Any day now like within a week or a month?

Their website is the only way to know for sure.  I'd check a couple of times per day.  (I mean, I personally would take the Saylor exams first, but if you're set on Sophia, then that's the only way).
But where did you initially hear that American gov or any other course would be added to Sophia? I don’t see any “coming soon” section on their website.
It's in the ACE guide. When there, it usually shows up 1-4 weeks later.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

Support will sometimes answer questions about when it'll show up. But they don't always know.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle

I absolutely hate saylor. I had such a hard time taking the software engineer final exam. It just kept having a 504 gateway error mid exam. I spent like $20 in fees having to keep taking a new exam. And my attempts kept lowering obviously…. They had to keep resetting it. And even my final final attempt went bad gateway on question 56 out of 60!!! After I spent an hour or more carefully answering every damn question… (did this like 3 times at that point). Needless to say I lost it and turned into a Karen and I’m actually waiting to hear back from them. I refuse to take the exam yet again. I also want to be refunded in all the proctor fees. I told them to submit whatever I had saved and if I pass I pass. Im not retaking it. (Pretty sure I would pass). They kept saying it was my internet even though I have fast ass 5g internet that allows me to stream 4K movies flawlessly… and I’ve taken several SDC exams with literally not 1 issue but somehow couldn’t take one saylor exam properly. Anyways never again.
Quote:The 504 (Gateway Timeout) status code indicates that the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, did not receive a timely response from an upstream server it needed to access in order to complete the request.

That's definitely not a "you" problem. That's a "them" problem, maybe a problem with the proctor they're using.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Yes, it's a technical problem, it's neither you nor them that's having the issue, they go through a third party vendor for exams just like StraighterLine or other exams, even CLEP now uses a third party vendor when you do the exam at home. Other ACE/NCCRS options also use various providers, heck, even colleges/universities have different providers for their proctored exams, 90% of the time, it's fine, the other 10%... yes, you'll come across technical issues of all sorts, weird!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can someone please take a look at my evaluation above and see if there is a way to rearrange some courses so that I don’t have to take software engineering at saylor as an UL comp sci elective? I’ve failed it twice. I’m so frustrated. I googled the stuff I got wrong after the exam and it’s showing that I answered correctly. Is there ANYTHING else besides TESU software engineering I can take? I just signed up for the capstone today so I’m ALMOST at the finish line. I can’t believe I’m stumbling over this.
(04-26-2023, 01:37 PM)techmama Wrote: Can someone please take a look at my evaluation above and see if there is a way to rearrange some courses so that I don’t have to take software engineering at saylor as an UL comp sci elective? I’ve failed it twice. I’m so frustrated. I googled the stuff I got wrong after the exam and it’s showing that I answered correctly. Is there ANYTHING else besides TESU software engineering I can take? I just signed up for the capstone today so I’m ALMOST at the finish line. I can’t believe I’m stumbling over this.
Is there a particular reason you do not want to take it through TESU like the price or something?
Because If cost isn’t a concern I would definitely recommend doing it through TESU, and highly recommend Jason Litz.
(04-26-2023, 01:40 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 01:37 PM)techmama Wrote: Can someone please take a look at my evaluation above and see if there is a way to rearrange some courses so that I don’t have to take software engineering at saylor as an UL comp sci elective? I’ve failed it twice. I’m so frustrated. I googled the stuff I got wrong after the exam and it’s showing that I answered correctly. Is there ANYTHING else besides TESU software engineering I can take? I just signed up for the capstone today so I’m ALMOST at the finish line. I can’t believe I’m stumbling over this.
Is there a particular reason you do not want to take it through TESU like the price or something?
Because If cost isn’t a concern I would definitely recommend doing it through TESU, and highly recommend Jason Litz.
Yes mostly cost. (Just paid for the capstone and need to pay the residency waiver fee) Also, for some reason I feel like if I can’t even pass the saylor final how am I going to pass TESU’s course? I would assume it would be more difficult. I don’t know.
The TESU course is actually reported to be way, way easier than the Saylor course. Cost is certainly a factor to consider, but both TESU's Software Engineering and TESU's AI courses are reported to be fairly easy for UL courses.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 3,559 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No more evaluations until you ENROLL for a course thecontrarian 6 975 02-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Academic Evaluations "What If" Option bjcheung77 11 1,569 06-14-2021, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Student87