Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my TESC situation
For personal, family, financial, and professional reasons, I need to finish up my bachelor’s degree no later than January 2016. Last year I enrolled at TESC, feeling it was the best option for me. I signed up for the Associate in Arts and the BA in liberal studies so that I could get academic evaluations for both. I have since traveled another path (Patten University, for a number of reasons) but recently got a reminder that my enrollment at TESC will be ending in a couple of months. I started thinking (again) that it sure would be nice to have an associate's degree as a personal accomplishment so I looked into what I needed in order to get the no capstone AA at TESC. Turns out that the only thing I would need is the 12 residency credits to continue with the per-credit tuition plan and not have to pay the hefty enrollment fee. I went ahead and applied for graduation and am planning to take 4 TECEPs next month in hopes of graduating in September. I also sent some new credits to TESC and requested a rush evaluation. I got it back and discovered I have a whopping 90 credits, some of which are upper level.

My idea was to get the AA at TESC in September and attend the commencement while continuing to work on my bachelor’s degree at Patten. I am enrolled in a $200 monthly tuition plan at Patten, which I can afford and I don’t have to buy books or pay for proctors. Although it’s a lot of work, I can finish by December when my term/tuition payment plan ends. But seeing that evaluation for the BA in liberal studies with only 30 credits to go (and they don’t all have to be upper level) really got my mind going again. I could finish my degree at TESC by taking 4 TECEPs (need something quick for the AA degree per-credit plan) and doing 12 portfolio credits and a capstone. The issue with that is the cost. So I’m hoping you TESC experts can help me figure out a few things:
  • How does TESC's graduation audit process work? If I applied on July 1st when can I expect to get audited? Although I don't need anything additional in terms of coursework, I would need to finish up those 12 credits before the audit, right?
  • How long does it generally take to get TECEP scores?
  • Does the Guided Study option of a capstone allow you to finish faster?
  • Does TESC offer any payment plans that I'm unaware of? To graduate in December, I would need to register for 4 TECEPs and capstone by next week and then register for the other 12 credits (whether portfolio or TECEP) next month.
  • Can anyone tell me how long it takes to complete the portfolio process at TESC? I have only completed portfolios through Learning Counts and that was a two-week turnaround. How long does TESC take to grade portfolios?
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:

• How long does it generally take to get TECEP scores?

Depends on if the exam has essays that need to be graded.

My first two exams did not have essays and I received my score as soon as I submitted the exam. Within a few days they were posted to my transcript and evaluation. The third exam was all essays and it has been a week and I am still waiting for the results. I think it takes two weeks, but I'm not sure.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:Depends on if the exam has essays that need to be graded.

My first two exams did not have essays and I received my score as soon as I submitted the exam. Within a few days they were posted to my transcript and evaluation. The third exam was all essays and it has been a week and I am still waiting for the results. I think it takes two weeks, but I'm not sure.

This is super helpful. I will stay away from anything with essays!

Thank you Smile
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,445 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,185 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,982 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,339 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,764 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,739 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,259 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,867 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,976 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77