Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my eval...
creditmonsoon Wrote:Almost at that "magic" number Smile That was the Penn Foster course that I took months ago. I enrolled right before the deadline after I received approval from the TESC registrar. I took a shot because $300 is a lot of money for me and I'm glad it paid off. I don't think the TECEP 's hard, though. At least you don't have to take a whole class.

To me Penn Foster's Strategic Management course seems to be way easier than the TECEP. It just looks intimidating at first with the 4 multiple choice exams, 4 discussion posts, 3 webinars, and final project, but it's not.

- All 4 multiple choice exams are open book and you can take them twice.
- You don't really have to do anything in the webinars. It's just participation grade.
- The 4 discussion board posts are just participation grade as well, and just a few sentences is all you need to write.
- The final project? It can be completed in a few hours. You can just type up all the questions and answer in 3-5 sentences, do a SWOT analysis of Southwest Airlines, and still pass (as long as you use citations, follow proper format, proper grammar/spelling, etc.).

All in all it was a very easy course. I'm not surprised it's no longer accepted for the capstone requirement.
You get two evaluations with unlimited transcripts before enrollment. You've burned one already.

After TESU receives a transcript subsequent to the first eval, you have around 25 business days to turn in anything else before you burn your last evaluation. After that, no more transfer evals until after you enroll. Since money is an issue, it's probably fine you wait until after the 2nd eval. You can't get a 3rd eval without enrolling, so it's time to enroll after the 2nd eval regardless of you reaching 104 or not.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:You get two evaluations with unlimited transcripts before enrollment. You've burned one already.

After TESU receives a transcript subsequent to the first eval, you have around 25 business days to turn in anything else before you burn your last evaluation. After that, no more transfer evals until after you enroll. Since money is an issue, it's probably fine you wait until after the 2nd eval. You can't get a 3rd eval without enrolling, so it's time to enroll after the 2nd eval regardless of you reaching 104 or not.

Should I enroll in the comprehensive plan or the per credit tuition program? I read something to the effect of the comprehensive plan being a sort of "fast track" over the finish line while the ladder would be more work required. I rather just get this thing over with ASAP! Smile
The comprehensive tuition is for taking actual courses at TESU and costs $6350 per year for NJ residents. The per credit tuition plan charges per credit and includes TECEPs, which cost $114 for 3 credits. If you enroll under the comprehensive tuition plan but don't take any classes you would still have to pay the $2000 residency waiver fee. I don't think the comprehensive tuition plan would be much quicker then the per credit tuition plan but much more expensive. For the per credit tuition plan you register for a TECEP for a particular semester and 10 days into the semester become an enrolled student and the TECEP can be taken any time during the semester.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
swalke321 Wrote:The comprehensive tuition is for taking actual courses at TESU and costs $6350 per year for NJ residents. The per credit tuition plan charges per credit and includes TECEPs, which cost $114 for 3 credits. If you enroll under the comprehensive tuition plan but don't take any classes you would still have to pay the $2000 residency waiver fee. I don't think the comprehensive tuition plan would be much quicker then the per credit tuition plan but much more expensive. For the per credit tuition plan you register for a TECEP for a particular semester and 10 days into the semester become an enrolled student and the TECEP can be taken any time during the semester.

I have to take a TECEP no matter what?
Or register for the $300 cornerstone. You can try going into online student services and selecting the per credit tuition plan to see what will happen but you might still be required to register for a course or TECEP.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
You are automatically in enrolled status after paying the $6350, but you can't get financial aid without taking some classes. The easiest and least time consuming non-test method is probably either the cornerstone course or the 1-credit PLA course.

The math credits on your eval would suggest that the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP is a guaranteed pass with no study. Just passing intermediate algebra is more than sufficient for going into the exam cold.
You have to take either the Strategic Management TECEP or TESU course to graduate.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:You have to take either the Strategic Management TECEP or TESU course to graduate.

OP got credit for the PF strategic management course. OP needs to pass a TECEP or a TESU course to graduate or pay $6350 (not 100% sure if you can graduate with zero courses on the comprehensive plan but I think the answer is yes).
Sorry, I got this post confused with the other credit eval in business this evening. Whoops. :eek:
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Academic Eval (Questions - Help Please) Gloddy 6 2,086 03-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Help with Excelsior eval Iamtehking 5 1,436 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,194 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Updated Eval Question ggabriele26 4 1,819 09-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: ggabriele26
  TESU updated my eval FAST! dfrecore 8 1,457 06-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Got my eval from Tesu! Iamtehking 24 2,663 06-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  TESU Eval Question badfish 4 1,448 05-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Official TESU eval question testchamp 6 947 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: testchamp
  Degree Plan help - Academic Eval included. Proctor dodging. lillingworth 8 1,366 03-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Academic Eval viewing issue lillingworth 7 1,515 03-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Last Post: lillingworth