Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice on designing UMPI BBA Mgmt Leadership concentration Excel degree plan
If you pay for an entire year at a time, it's $599. 4 months is $299. A single month is $99. https://www.sophia.org/online-college-credit/ Right now, there is a promo code on the forum somewhere for $20 off a single month. If it's going to take your son a while to get through Sophia, it would possibly be cheaper in the long run to do a multi-month subscription.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-15-2022, 12:33 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(07-15-2022, 11:37 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-15-2022, 12:07 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @SS20TS-

I found your other post and how the credits he earned at YSU would transfer into UMPI categories. I also filled in how I can see the courses would fill in the degree plan I created.

5A ANTH 1500 Introduction to Anthropology 3 cr  B
5A REL 2601 Introduction to World Religions 3 cr A
2E THTR 1500 History of Motion Pictures 3 cr B
3D ASTR 1504 Descriptive Astronomy 3 cr B
General Elective CHMST 1545 Communication Foundations 3 cr B
1A, 1D - this is a guess - UMPI can be picky about English courses ENGL 1550 Writing 1 (same as Engl Composition) 3 cr A
2B PSYCH 1550 General Psychology 3 cr C
4A - this isn't needed for YourPace students as there is a 0 credit course YourPace students take that shows you how the learning platform works YSU 1500 Student Success Seminar 1 cr A
Won't transfer HIST 2605 US History 1 3 cr D
3D GEOG 2630 Weather 3 cr C

Eng Comp - he may already have Eng Comp 1 done at Youngstown. I wouldn't take anymore Eng Comp outside of UMPI. They're easy courses at UMPI - only 1 paper!

Since my son has ANTH 1500 Intro to Anthropology and REL 2601 Intro to World Religions which both meet the 5A category, does one of these three credit hour classes go towards his General Electives (GE) if he already has a class meeting this requirement?

Same question for ASTR 1504 Descriptive Astronomy and GEOG 2630 Weather...if one of these 3 credit hour classes meets the 3D category, does the other three credit hour class go towards meeting his GE credit requirements?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Only 1 course will be used to fill a GEC requirement so I would move the world religions class to the general electives. Same with weather. 

His psych class should fill 2A & 2B. 

http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=4&navoid=153

Your spreadsheet is completing missing the Business Administration Major courses. Lines 65-69 are not correct. Your numbers don't match what you have listed. 

https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergra...eadership/
@ss20ts

Thanks for the reminder for including the Core Business Admin courses. I added them to the attached degree plan. Also, I added the Communication Foundations, Weather, and Intro to World Religions to the General Elective sections. According to the UMPI website link you sent, it looks like he would have between 18-21 General Elective classes to take. 

I have a couple of questions:

-It looks like he has 12 credits of GE already taken at YSU (mentioned in paragraph above). If I assume he needs to complete the most GE classes, he would have 21-9 = 12 classes or 4 classes @ 3 cr each to finish the GE requirement? Do these GE classes have to be UL or LL? I am assuming these GE classes can be in whatever subject he wants?

-On the wiki for the Business Admin core classes and some of the Marketing Leadership concentration classes which he has not taken any of so far, the providers are Study.com, Sophia, or UMPI, can my son take only Sophia instead of Study.com? It is my understanding that Sophia is one of the only major providers aside from Lawshelf and perhaps Davar that is not proctored. He would prefer to not take a proctored class if possible, but, will take one if need be.

I appreciate any members feedback on the accuracy of the attached UMPI BABA Mgmt Leadership Excel degree plan.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
@ss20ts

In an earlier thread, you mentioned I would *not* need to take US History I or US History II meeting category the 5B requirement? If so, what class did my son take to meet that requirement? I want to make sure that he doesn't miss taking it if he needs it.

Thank you,

Education Seeker
(07-15-2022, 10:26 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @ss20ts

In an earlier thread, you mentioned I would *not* need to take US History I or US History II meeting category the 5B requirement? If so, what class did my son take to meet that requirement? I want to make sure that he doesn't miss taking it if he needs it.

Thank you,

Education Seeker

Oops that's the class he had a D in. He will need to take one of those 2 history courses. He can take both and 1 will go towards his general electives. Sorry!
(07-15-2022, 10:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-15-2022, 10:26 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @ss20ts

Thank you,

Education Seeker

Oops that's the class he had a D in. He will need to take one of those 2 history courses. He can take both and 1 will go towards his general electives. Sorry!

@ss20ts

I think he would be interested in both US History I and II. According to the template that I can see, out of the 21 GE electives, he would need 2 more three credit classes if he takes the following classes:

Communication Foundations 3 cr (YSU)
Intro to World Religions 3 cr (YSU)
Weather 3 cr (YSU)
Micro and Macroeconomics 3 cr Sophia
US History II 3 cr Sophia

I am wondering if you can recommend 2 easier fairly quick 3 cr hours to take to complete this degree plan and does it look correct?

So far, since my son has expressed not wanting to do proctored exams, he is looking at Sophia, UMPI, and taking the BIO100 class from ASU which will meet the Science Lab requirement.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Attached Files
.xlsx   UPMI BABA Mgmt + Lead Degree Plan July 2022.xlsx (Size: 18.52 KB / Downloads: 5)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 22 3 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 69 7 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 1 43 7 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 87 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 8 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,205 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 196 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,367 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 434 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM