Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need suggestions for something easy
I need recommendations for a TESU student who needs to take one TESU course to increase GPA to be allowed to take LIB-495. Student meets all other graduation requirements. Needs to enroll in a 3 hour course and make a B or better. What are the easiest courses and instructors? Learning is irrelevant, this is all about the grade.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Well.. that's honest if not very compelling. Acceleration advice is one thing, helping devalue the degree many are seeking another.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-29-2020, 11:33 AM)clep3705 Wrote: I need recommendations for a TESU student who needs to take one TESU course to increase GPA to be allowed to take LIB-495. Student meets all other graduation requirements. Needs to enroll in a 3 hour course and make a B or better. What are the easiest courses and instructors? Learning is irrelevant, this is all about the grade.

What's easy for you and what's easy for me are very different things. We would need a great deal more info. Major? What courses does the student need to graduate? Typically, 100 level courses are the easiest. However, I would extremely struggle with physics, but I would find environmental science to be a piece of cake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-29-2020, 12:04 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 11:33 AM)clep3705 Wrote: I need recommendations for a TESU student who needs to take one TESU course to increase GPA to be allowed to take LIB-495. Student meets all other graduation requirements. Needs to enroll in a 3 hour course and make a B or better. What are the easiest courses and instructors? Learning is irrelevant, this is all about the grade.

What's easy for you and what's easy for me are very different things. We would need a great deal more info. Major? What courses does the student need to graduate? Typically, 100 level courses are the easiest. However, I would extremely struggle with physics, but I would find environmental science to be a piece of cake.

The student is good in psychology, biology, and graphic arts. Not good in math, physics, or chemistry. Good writing skills, does fine on research papers. BALS lacking only LIB-495.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
(07-29-2020, 12:53 PM)clep3705 Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 12:04 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

The student is good in psychology, biology, and graphic arts. Not good in math, physics, or chemistry. Good writing skills, does fine on research papers. BALS lacking only LIB-495.

Then you have your answer. Take a class in one of those subjects.
OP - You may want to indicate in a reply post what their evaluation entails, they may be getting a BALS with no concentration but may be closer to one that has a concentration they're interested in... Let's see, TESU doesn't have a graphic arts class and all their arts related courses are Art History I & II which can be taken elsewhere for cheap. I would suggest taking a Psychology class that isn't offered anywhere for cheap by alternative credit, especially if they are close to a BALS Social Science concentration or take a Biology course to get the BALS NSM concentration (they need just 3 UL credits in the concentration and 2 UL in some other Liberal Arts subjects).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-29-2020, 01:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - You may want to indicate in a reply post what their evaluation entails, they may be getting a BALS with no concentration but may be closer to one that has a concentration they're interested in...  Let's see, TESU doesn't have a graphic arts class and all their arts related courses are Art History I & II which can be taken elsewhere for cheap.  I would suggest taking a Psychology class that isn't offered anywhere for cheap by alternative credit, especially if they are close to a BALS Social Science concentration or take a Biology course to get the BALS NSM concentration (they need just 3 UL credits in the concentration and 2 UL in some other Liberal Arts subjects).

It's a BALS. I don't think there is a concentration, if there is, it is in psychology. The only course left is LIB-495. The GPA has to be pulled up by taking any course and making a B or better. It's important to minimize risk of a bad grade.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
Sounds like it's just a BALS with no concentration, it won't really matter anyway as the course I suggest is a very easy Upper Level Biology 310 course.  The course syllabus: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseC...de=BIO-310 plus, here's a recent review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid286873 and finally, if they're really close to a Social Science or Psychology concentration and if it is something they're interested in, here are the Psychology options offered at TESU: https://www2.tesu.edu/listall.php otherwise, just take the Bio 310 course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would take whichever lower level course you're most interested in. The more you like something the easier it is to succeed. It's easy for me to get an A in something like Geology, Astronomy, or Environmental Science since I like it and actually want to learn it. Give me a philosophy based class and a B is a questionable with constant frustration and aggravation.
(07-29-2020, 04:34 PM)rpmranger Wrote: I would take whichever lower level course you're most interested in. The more you like something the easier it is to succeed. It's easy for me to get an A in something like Geology, Astronomy, or Environmental Science since I like it and actually want to learn it. Give me a philosophy based class and a B is a questionable with constant frustration and aggravation.

Like a particular ethics course? LOL I could sit and do environmental science all day long. Give me physics and I will just leave the room. I couldn't get a B if you gave me all of the answers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rpmranger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions elcastor21 7 691 08-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Easy Second Bachelors Possible at TESU??? joshua27 18 1,608 02-22-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  super fast/easy COS courses? k-k-k-katy 22 2,968 11-14-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  upper level psych courses.....suggestions? CM1999 2 676 01-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 809 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BALS - Humanities - Course suggestions Learnfordegree 13 1,970 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  suggestions for 2 classes Ilianasmile 2 566 07-24-2020, 01:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Adding a cheap and easy math AS jch 5 1,240 07-14-2020, 06:12 PM
Last Post: jch
  TESU Gen Ed suggestions - cheap cwendy111 7 1,673 04-20-2020, 05:46 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Alternative credit suggestions? TESU Finance BSBA CAREYJESSICA443 6 2,091 08-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Ideas