Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
# of Questions per FEMA exam
Hi there all! My name is Denise and I am highly motivated to earn a BA in Liberal Arts from TESC within the next 10 months. I've been a sleeper on this board for too long. Recently, however, I've realized the pure necessity of earning my degree. Mainly I found out the person I'm TRAINING at my job is making about $4,000 per year MORE than I am! grrrrrr because of... you guessed it, a degree! aghhhhhhhh! Anyhow, I've decided I'm tired of this. I'm a bright and highly skilled employee that has to fight, scrape and struggle to earn just over $20,000 per year. There's no way that's right! Sooooo, I've also narrowed my graduate studies (MBA search) down to three schools already. That's right... I will have a MBA within the next two years and finally get paid close to what I'm worth.

Ok, enough about me. I said all that to say that while looking over FEMA exams I decided to make a list of the FEMA exams that were accepted by TESC for another graduate. While designing my plan I put them in order of least questions to most. 7 of the exams (highlighted in blue) will give you a nice certificate according to BMWGuinness in Professional Development.

Great to meet you all! You'll see a whole lot more of me in the future.
Oops... would help to actually upload the file!

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">Free Electives progress.xls (Size: 17 KB / Downloads: 79)
sheba Wrote:Sooooo, I've also narrowed my graduate studies (MBA search) down to three schools already. That's right... I will have a MBA within the next two years and finally get paid close to what I'm worth.

What are the 3 MBA programs that you are considering?
Excelsior BS - General Business - 2008
Jacksonville State University - MBA - 2010(Done)

121 credits...ALL DONE BABY!!!

54 credits transferred in from prior college
54 credits by examination
6 credits from community college
3 credits from CSU-Pueblo (Operations Management)
4 credits for Information Literacy and Business Strategy from Excelsior

CLEP:
Principles of Macroeconomics (64)
Principles of Microeconomics (61)
Principles of Marketing (66)
Principles of Management (72)
Info Systems and Comp Applications (57)
Introductory Business Law (65)
Social Sciences & History (61)
DSST:
Principles of Supervision (58)
Principles of Statistics (67)
Introduction to Computing (60)
Principles of Financial Accounting (56)
Principles of Finance (55)
Money and Banking (52)
Ethics in America (66)
Management Information Systems (58)
ECE:
Ethics: Theory and Practice (B)
Organizational Behavior ©

GMAT: 600
Hey there, Bmills! I enjoy your posts. Smile

The possible choices are:

Andrew Jackson University
- I love the change in the way Andrew Jackson University feels about tuition. Even if they are no longer running the promotion by this time next year, I'm certain they'll be a savings over my other choices.

California Coast University - I love the reputation of California Coast University on this board! The self paced study also attracts my attention.

Eastern Carolina University
- AACSB certified and around $7,000 because I'm a NC resident. Only downside is it's a more traditional program that I suspect would take a year (or more) longer than the others to complete.
Given those choices, I think that you should select

Eastern Carolina University

because it is RA. If you change employers at some point, that may be important to you.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Good for you for finally taking the plunge. Good luck on your journey. Its funny how we just hit by this wall to make us get up and get over it.

I'm with two sidney on the MBA thing. If you can do RA I'd consider going with that.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thank you Alleycat and Twosidneys! It feels good to have gotten started. I thank you both for your feedback. ECU is a highly regarded university here in NC and I probably will go that route when it's said and done. I suppose getting my undergrad degree in 10 months is enough of a shortcut that I don't really need to cut corners on my graduate degree. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Completed:

Intro Sociology 57
A&I Lit 66
4 FEMA credits[/SIZE]
Hi Sheba,

I see that you have 2 FEMA credits. My daughter is thinking of going that route for some electives. What were your impressions of the courses and exams?

Thanks,

Sidney
I have 10 Fema in my free electives. I did them all in the course of a weekend. Pretty straight forward and I love the price! Free!!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
FEMA credits rule! They saving me at least $1000 and are probably allowing me to graduate much sooner. Thanks to this message board for opening my eyes to them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,981 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,704 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 1,980 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,804 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,761 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,917 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,297 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,888 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore