Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old credit
What is the oldest credit the Big 3/4 will allow? Somewhere in my research, I thought I saw 30 years was the cut off, but now I can't find it.  And I think there was a different (shorter) cut off for AOS?

My husband did his A&P in 1990-91, which looks like the Tech Studies degree would fit, but I think those credits are too old for his AOS. If it's possible to still use though, he'd only need his gen eds and corner/capstone. He also took some electrical classes over 20yrs ago. He's been in IT for over 20 years, so he'd prefer an IT degree, but he really just needs to tick a degree box for a future promotion.

I did most of my gen eds 30+ yrs ago, and some programming/unix type classes about 20-25 yrs ago, that I know are not acceptable. My only recent credit is in the form of CLEP's in the last year or so, and freebies through Sophia, Institutes (2cr UL), and I think a TEEX course. 

If they're super old, and unacceptable credit, do I still have to send a transcript? What if the school is no longer around? 1 of mine is useless for credit transfer, I think, and it's LONG since been out of business. I expect it was NA, not RA also. 

I'm evaluating what we each have that's still viable, and then I'll list what we each have/seek assistance in a future post.
TESU
Yes it might be different for certain AOS.
Example: "Up to 9 credits (50 percent) of the 18 credit certificate may be older than 7years from the most current date of application to the University. Any additional older credits applicable to the certificate area of study would have to undergo a currency review."
I think these kinds of records get transferred to another institution when they close doors. Why not ask TESU about how to proceed on this matter? They should know how to find old records and their own policy.

COSC
No general policy against old credit for undergraduate it seems: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...policy.php
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • alab21
I transferred in 34yo credit to TESU, no problem. The only limits I'm aware of are for some of your AOS courses.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • alab21
Geez, I thought I'd wow you all with my credits from 2004 but it looks like I've been outclassed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diminutive's post:
  • alab21
I transferred in 30yo credits without a problem. At TESU, there's no limit for GE or Free Electives, or even the Business Core - but there are limits on different degrees and the AOS in those. For the BSBA, I was allowed less than 10cr older than 10 years. They have since changed it to 7 years. But for computer and science especially, there will be a limit on the age and number of credits IN THE AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
For the degree at TESU that you mention (Tech Studies)  you won't know if they will apply until TESU does an official evaluation.  I wouldn't wait on applying and getting the transcripts over to TESU for evaluation as they aren't getting any younger Smile - and once they are on the evaluation TESU us very good about honoring what they've granted credit for during a transfer evaluation.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 438 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 487 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 311 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 594 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  Would you drive 1,000+ miles to earn free college credit? bjcheung77 13 1,282 05-16-2023, 07:32 AM
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 2,765 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM