Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
online history course
Hello all,

I am suppose to be graduating in June with my BSN, HOWEVER, I need to pass a history test/class first to do so. I have tried US history 1 CLEP twice and got a 45 then 47. I am taking Western Civilization 1 later this week, I suck at history and I am preparing for the worse. Anyone know of any easy online history courses that may transfer to uw-Milwaukee. They do not take straighterline :/

thank you!!! In desperate need!!!!!
You could try Study.com. You take essentially open-booked quizzes. If you get a 100% on all the quizzes with multiple tries, then you need a 50ish on the final to pass.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • Strozew3
Yeah I would try study.com or Sophia
BABA, New England College, 2019
(04-29-2019, 08:27 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Yeah I would try study.com or Sophia

Unfortunately I don't think study.com is accepted at my college either. I am going to look into Sophia. Like I said, I have the CLEP test later this week but im not feeling confident at all.
If the clep doesn’t work out you could try a maymester course at your college or a local community college. It may or may not be cheap depending on where you take it.
(04-29-2019, 09:53 PM)withrown Wrote: If the clep doesn’t work out you could try a maymester course at your college or a local community college. It may or may not be cheap depending on where you take it.

Never even heard of that before. I’ll have to look into it’ thanks
I would try US History II - you probably know more about that just because it's more recent.

You might also try different test-prep materials than you've been using for the CLEPs - did you use ModernStates.org (which gets you a free CLEP exam)? How about Crash Course? Khan Academy?

There are also online courses at schools like Rio Salado (a CC in AZ), which has 8-week terms and rolling start dates (looks like every Monday).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Rio Salado college has courses that start just about every Monday. They are 8 weeks long.  As stated previous of my post.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(04-29-2019, 11:31 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Rio Salado college has courses that start just about every Monday. They are 8 weeks long.  As stated previous of my post.
How's the Rio Salado online course like? Similar to straighterline or study.com?
Do they have proctored quiz and final test?
There’s writing quizzes and probably a final. They post the syllabus with the course online and not all courses have proctors - yet.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 274 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,149 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 213 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 603 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 369 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
Shocked Online Course Provider 2U (edX) Faces Doubts It Can Continue ($900 Million in debt) Ares 3 377 02-16-2024, 02:51 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests